SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why the thread was removed but I wound up buying that Flash Green S60R
Very nice R.
I'll ask again, did that belong to anyone here?
Has a T5 motorsports badge, a K&N filter and seems to have been very well maintained

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's not on my computer for some reason

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!

How did the whole transaction work? Did you go through eBay, or contact the seller directly?

Please post some pictures after it makes the trip from Florida to PA!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If I wasn't already balls deep into my V70R, I would love to pick up a Flash Green.

Buy me a Gumby Typhoon (GM's version of Flash Green from the early 90's when seen on an old S10 looks like faded crest toothpaste, but looks good in person when taken care of) and a Gumby LT-5 Corvette ZR-1 (92-95 please). Have me a flock of cars my wife would hate.

I bet that color looks real good in person. Post up some detailed pictures when you get it JRL. Hell I would put my wife in a FG, but I made the mistake of buying her a Honda and its not going to break down until the year 2025. I think my daughter who is 3 is going to end up driving it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a heads up to anyone who may have been thinking about this when it came up for sale
I did buy it but returned it.
Did not pass post sale inspection and never left So. Fl.

It's leaking oil EVERYWHERE, out of the dipstick tube, cam seals, possible crank seal, etc
My assumption is that is was very under serviced and now the breather is completely clogged. It was due for a T belt anyway, but now it MUST be done now as oil has gone onto the belt and tensioner so this car is begging for a major engine failure if not fixed now!
Too bad, cosmetically is was/is quite nice

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, well, buyer beware
Needs a ton of work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts