SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I'm going to be changing the oil, oil filter, cabin air filter and spark plugs in my daughter's T5 with the 2.5 litre Light Pressure Turbo motor. I now have the right spark plugs, Denso Iridium IKH22 (the long reach ones) that I didn't have last fall when I was going to change them out (I ended up re-installing the old plugs with some antisieze on the threads last fall). And I've looked at the threads detailing how to change out the cabin air filter. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I'm thinking I may also change the antifreeze. It's now 5 years 3 months old and has ~ 60,000 miles on it. Is there anything odd about changing the antifreeze on this motor? Anything I should know or be aware of? I've done a search and can't find anything about antifreeze change out. Does this motor need the old style green stuff or the new red stuff? Every time I do something new on this motor I end up not having the right parts or tools and having to do everything twice.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: 2004.5 S40 maintenence (KentuckyEd)

I ended up buying volvo coolant. Didn't want to risk it. All I did was drain from the radiator and refilled. The drain valve is towards the passenger side. You'll see a hole with a drain valve inside.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts