quote:

Originally posted by Dante:
Greetings
I visited three dealerships yesterday & no one
could tell me when I can place my order for a
2003 XC70. Anyboby have any info??
Thanks!
Dante
I can't believe that...THREE??? Would you like me to custom-order one for you and I will have it delivered to your place in earl October...

That info has been out for a week now.

Yannis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yannis
I think the dealers here in lower Westchester
are waiting for the year-end deals to expire
(Aug 31) before taking new orders. But if I still get the runaround after Sept begins I just might take you up on your offer
Thanks!!
Dante

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Dante:
Yannis
I think the dealers here in lower Westchester
are waiting for the year-end deals to expire
(Aug 31) before taking new orders. But if I still get the runaround after Sept begins I just might take you up on your offer
Thanks!!
Dante
What? That is ridiculous. I would never alienate a customer if he/she wanted to order a model. As long as I have the capacity to order whatever, I would! A sale is a sale, no matter what the order is. Actually, they would have the opportunity to make a little more profit on a 2003 vs. a 2002...Crazy!

Yannis

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I can't believe that you can't find someone to sell you a car at the volvo dealership. That's like hello, I have money in hand I am ready to spend at your store, why won't you take it?

[This message has been edited by mpeng168 (edited 09-10-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Chipshot:
So what has been changed for 2003?
Oh, a bunch of small things...first of all the name changed to XC70, HP is up to 208 (because the engine is a 2.5 L now), some pacjages have changed content, such as Touring Package includes tinted rear windows, there is an option to have Telematics added to the car, the AWD system changed from the current viscous coupling to the Haldex electronic AWD system, etc.

Yannis

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
There are a few new colors, the awd system is now Haldex based and not a viscous coupling. That combined wiht the name change, XC70, is the just of it.

HIDs will eventually be an option as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, Yannis.

Telematics? Wow, I thought that stuff was still way off in the future. What kind of functionality will be offered? Any Bluetooth with PDA/wireless phone integration? As long as it's not too distracting (which of course is in large part up to the driver to choose properly when to do what), some features could be genuinely useful.

What about a reverse warning system? My mother had it installed as a dealer option on her S80, and I believe it will be a factory option for the XC90. That and adjustable pedals are the two things I feel are really lacking from the V70 family.

Will the engine power change be truly useful, or is it just for advertising purposes? Any new paint colors or xenon lights?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by MicaCreek:
Any pricing info available?

Thanks!
Prices will be out on 9/16/2002.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Chipshot:
Thanks, Yannis.

Telematics? Wow, I thought that stuff was still way off in the future. What kind of functionality will be offered? Any Bluetooth with PDA/wireless phone integration? As long as it's not too distracting (which of course is in large part up to the driver to choose properly when to do what), some features could be genuinely useful.

What about a reverse warning system? My mother had it installed as a dealer option on her S80, and I believe it will be a factory option for the XC90. That and adjustable pedals are the two things I feel are really lacking from the V70 family.

Will the engine power change be truly useful, or is it just for advertising purposes? Any new paint colors or xenon lights?
Telematics (for now) will be like the "On Star" system from GM. Where the dash cupholder is, that will be replaced with a telephone keypad where you can dial out. There will also be three emergency buttons (fire, ambulance, on-call, etc) in case you need to call out in case of an accident and/or being disabled.

There are no new colors for the XC70 and Polararctic, Cypress Green and Venetian Red have been eliminated.

HID lights will come for MY2004.

Yannis

·
Registered
3 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:
Prices will be out on 9/16/2002.

Yannis

Well it's 9/17/2002 and no sign of any prices. Volvo does have a real pricing problem for the XC70. The 2002 XC70 is listed at $2300 more than the 2003 XC90, at least in the low end configuration that I'm interested in. Half of that is due to the $1100 for DSTC that's standard in the XC90. They're going to have to drop prices by at least $2000 to prevent cannibalization of XC70 sales. With 2002 stock still available it may explain why the prices of the 2003s aren't being published,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: 2003 XC70 (maybexc)

White Exterior (189)
Taupe Interior (B980)

Packages:
- Premium (60F)
- Touring (60G)
- AudioMax (O18)
- Telematics (O06)

The price I am paying is of little relevance here as I am leasing it directly from Ford Motor Company.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: (maybexc)

I just spoke to Volvo (Irvine, CA) and they told me that Mark Fields (head of PAG) "is taking a look at them" and he has to approve them (prices for '03 models). So, I would assume we should have something by late next week.
http://********************/smile/emcrook.gif
Yannis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts