SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find a double din adaptor for my 2003 V70 but all i can find is the 2004+ model. I heard that in Sweden they have some that they supply to the police but i cant think of how i could get my hands on one. Does anyone know where i could find one or if another model will fit with some minor modifications?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
The Volvo part number of the dash panel that matches the 01-03 gray plastic is 9184995, and the pocket to run a single DIN stereo is part number 9150773.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The Volvo part number of the dash panel that matches the 01-03 gray plastic is 9184995, and the pocket to run a single DIN stereo is part number 9150773.
I bought both of these parts about a month ago from Tasca Volvo. The radio mounting panel was about $83 and the pocket insert was about $25, plus freight. Fit and finish are a perfect match to the '01-'03 dash.

If you want to mount a double DIN radio, you will have to modify the panel a little. Looking at LloydDobler's pic above, you can make out two raised ribs just above the pocket insert on either side of the opening. Those will have to be filed down to make room for a double DIN chassis radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts