SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, i own a 2003 s60 2.4d 163pk, chipped with rica stage 1 to 198pk 435nm, from day one. it currently has 278000km, and is putting excessive presure on the coolant. The headgasket has been replaced a couple of years back, together with a resurfacing of the head. my mechanic advices me to source a know good block, and replace the current one. i am not a professional mechanic, but i am willing to do the work myself. i have a retired family member who has a garage with all the tools required, so it sounds like a fun project.

i am just not sure what engine i should be sourcing. the motor code on my engine states d5244t. if i were to buy a d5244t2, would it all work together with my current dim/ecu? i might even opt for a more recent lower milleage engine, say a d5244t4. ofcourse, this would require me to source a new ecu, and the turbo is now electronically controlled. However, would the dim still be compatible? do i need a new key ring thingy? i am just trying to figure out what i should be looking for, when i buy a used car for parts.. as diesel taxes are going up in my region, a lot of people are getting rid of these cars, and i could get one for less then a grand...

my dad bought the car new 15 years ago, and as i am now 22, i basically grew up with it. monney is rather tight, but i got all the time and love in the world to give. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts