SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 S40
58,000 miles
Asking: $9,000 FIRM with mods

For sale is my midnight blue 2003 Volvo S40 with approximately 58,000 miles on it. The car is fully loaded and comes with tan leather seats, winter package (heated front seats, headlight wipers), Premium Package (front and rear spoiler, sunroof, chrome handles and rear trunk-lid strip), six airbags and alarm. The car is in a great condition, only has a few highway rock chips. I took really good care of it: full synthetic oil changes every 3,000 miles and kept it extremely clean. This is not your typical S40; it has been slightly modified to mirror a European-model S40. It has been my daily driver for a few years with these modifications and I've had no problems, since most of them are OEM replacements from Europe, cosmetic and suspension. With the tune and my free-flowing intake and exhaust I get 24 MPG in the city and 34 MPG on the highway!

Asking Price: $9,000
Below is the breakdown of what has been done (I have receipts for most):

Upgraded Turbo: TD04-14T (from a European model S40; direct swap)
Upsolute tune
2.5 inch catback exhaust with OBX muffler
EuroSport Tuning Cold Air Intake (heatshield with a cone filter)
Aluminum Intercooler-Throttle-body pipe
IPD wires,
NGK Iridium plugs
Volvo front strut brace
VMS rear tie bars (rear strut brace)
17" SSW Trex wheels
Yokohama AVS-ES 100 tires (215/45/17) (about 7,000 miles on them)
K-Sport coilovers (36-way adjustable)
GlowShift tinted boost and AFR gauges
MBC @ 17 psi
LSE chrome dash rings,
OEM color-matched body kit
Custom PH1 skirts
LSE headlight bezels and dark corners
Eyebrows
Clear markers
5000K HID's
Tint + visor

I'll also throw in a new engine mount which I bought recently.

Tommy
Post here or email me

http://img232.imageshack.us/im...7.jpg

Modified by tomedkaz at 9:20 AM 9-4-2008

Modified by tomedkaz at 6:41 AM 10-14-2008

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (LAGIM 187)

You're very right sir.

Actually, it's a toss-up between a 2004 330ci 6spd and a 2001 e46 M3. It's just a matter of figuring out what's important for me now.

I also forgot to mention fellas that me and car care are currently in Tampa, FL, and will be returning to NYC June 21st. For those of you interested in the Tampa region we could set something up now. For those of you interested in the NY region - I guess you'd have to wait for me to drive back and then take a look.

I really do not want to bring the car back to stock - i've put my heart and soul into it and am trying to sell it first the way it is. If no one bites, i might have to swap out the suspension, wheels, exhaust, intake and all that good stuff. But i truly hope we can find him a good home

More recent photos

Modified by tomedkaz at 6:12 AM 5-14-2008

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (pOrk)

thank you
the car is definatley quick, and for weighing 2700 lbs the power to weight ratio is great.
I havent dynoed it yet, but im hoping for 250-260 hp with about 220 at the wheels (people with similar setups have ran similar numbers)

However, it has never been raced, dragged, autocrossed or anything. I've had to as a daily driver and to occasionally surprise unsuspecting people...

Here's the exhaust note

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (tomedkaz)

bump
i'm back in NYC now
the car has 61,000 miles now
I bought a 3inch downpipe but it has never been isntalled.
I'll also throw in a set of winter wheels and tires.

$9500

·
Registered
2011 C30 R Design, orange flame metallic
138 Posts

Jeez, someone needs to buy this car so I can stop drooling all over my computer. If Marilyn were actually mine (and not my dad's), she'd be sold and we'd be having a dramatically different conversation right now

·
Registered
138 Posts

Unfortunately, it's never going to happen since we just bought her back in March, and we got her specifically because she only had 150 miles on her at the time, and I needed a car to drive cross-country after my 960 kicked the bucket. To bad you didn't have yours for sale in March!

My parents live in northern New Jersey, and I'm actually there right now, but I'm going back to Rochester today or tomorrow. If I was going to be in town for a few more days, I'd offer to come give it a "second opinion"
. Poor timing all around on my part, it seems.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: (volvo_lifer)

Bump for a car that I'd like to see sold!

You know, if you get desperate, I'm not to proud to beg for donations...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Sorry this doesn't help your sale, but that's one of the most beautiful S40s of that generation I've seen. Very well done! Good luck on the sale.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.