SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main question is with the new front grill on the 2003 S40. If I were able to come by one of these, would I be able to put it on a 2002 S40? Also, with the new larger stereo display on the 2003? Would that work on my 2002? Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 2003 V40 as a loner car last week, and the grill looks like it will work. I had the parts guy look up the number for the 2003 grill and it costs around 138 Euros or so (Germany). It all comes as one piece instead of the previous years having the grill, stripe, and logo seperate. I would post the part number I received, but I left it at work. I'll probably end up ordering it soon, and post weather or not it worked. I also asked if they could change the old keys into the switchblade version, but no one knew the answer. They said that the new transponders might not be compatible, but were not sure. <P>Norton37 <BR>2K2 Atlantic Blue S40 75th

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the grill on the 2003 looks a lot better I think so hopefully I will be able to get it for my car. Anyway, ya the key would be nice if it was a switchblade. But Volvo keys are expensive enough...!

·
Registered
53 Posts
There have been several people who have already put the 2003 grill on older x40's so you will have no problem with putting it on your car (you can check vvspy if you want that is where I saw the postings).<BR>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts