SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while my 2003 s60 2.4t will make a clunk sound while shifting and about half the time it will not engauge right away (it doesn't rev way up, it just takes about a second to shift) has anyone had a similar experience or have any idea why it's doing this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not sure about the clunk but the delayed shifting sounds like the infamous shift flare. Have you flushed the tranny fluid? It may not fix the problem but at the least it will lessen it. When I did it flushed it once, drove it for a week or two, drained a little bit, added "sea foam" (a cleaning additive I got from ipd), topped it off, drove it for a weekend, and finally flushed the whole thing again. Definitely worth it, now I only experience shift flare when I drive my car, let it idle, then drive it again. Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oh man. I would only add sea foam to oil I was about to change. I wouldn't leave it in there..

Op have you done the B4 servo cover update? That plus a flush and the shift flare is gone.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Also a flush can kill your tranny. Dirty thing can make a lot of bad things doing the flush

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you use the transmission pump to flush it it won't hurt anything. IPD sells a kit to do this here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts