SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2002 Volvo S60 AWD 2.4T automatic transmission fluid

Hey guys!
I`m new on this forum, and i would like to start my participants in the Volvo community :)

I have a 2002 Volvo S60 AWD 2.4T and i cant find the transmission fluid type and the amount needed anywhere!

p.s
this car is dead right now because of an incident i had with her in the past (about two years ago), i pulled out the engine with the gear box to take a closer look and start fixing them, and haven't touched it since then (i had to study so i didn't have time for that). now i decided to bring her back to life and tune her up as a project before i join the army. And i want to share my progress with you guys, to have an opinion and advice from the professionals!

thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind.. fount it.
my problem was my lack of knowledge in mechanical English so i apparently didn't look for the right thing, and i feel stupid. - well i guess that is what happens when English is not your native language.
for those who wonder about the transmission fluid it is JWS 3309. didn't find out the amount needed tho :/

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I'm using Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic ATF, which isn't JWS3309 but is T-IV compatible. I used to be a big 3309 or die fan, but since trying out two alternative fluids I'd say anything that is lists T-IV compatible is OK as long as it's a trusted brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts