SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD - 2002 V70XC Ocean Race, AT, Ocean Blue/Charcoal, 157K, winter tires and wheels, Toronto, ON

SOLD - 2002 Volvo V70XC AWD Ocean Race with 250,500km (157,000 miles) located in Toronto, ON. Asking $3,900 CDN certified with valid emissions test.

This car is number 20 of 100 Ocean Race special edition cars for the Canadian market in 2002. With snow tires included in the sale and AWD it is an excellent winter vehicle that has never let me down in my 5+ years of ownership. I would love to keep this Volvo but I just purchased an XC90 and our small city driveway isn’t well suited for two vehicles.

Notable accessories included with car:
• Set of 16” snow tires (good condition) on steel wheels with Volvo wheel covers.
• Roof rack cross bars (rectangular profile).
• Volvo summer and winter floor mats.
• Cargo net/pet barrier.
• Retractable cover for cargo area.
• Removable sun shade for rear passenger (great for kids in car seats).

Options/option packages:
Touring Package
• CD player.
• Homelink (built in garage door opener remote)
• Driver and passenger power seats.
• Auto dimming rear view mirror.
• Trip computer.

Security Package (in addition to standard alarm)
• Movement sensor.
• Level sensor.
• Laminated side glass.
• Air Quality System

Cold Weather Package
• Heated front seats.
• Headlamp wiper/washer system (one blade missing).

Power glass sunroof (power mechanism is bad but the sunroof is in the closed position, water tight and the glass and shade are OK)
4 disc CD player in dash (in addition to Touring Package)
Ocean Race leather seating, charcoal with blue stitching.
Factory tow package with 2” hitch receiver and wiring.

While this car is in good shape it is a 2002 model with 157,000miles (250,500km) and is being sold for $4,300CDN certified with a valid emissions test. There are a few non-safety related issues such as inop sunroof motor, missing headlight wiper blade, a clock that resets itself every once and a while and the level/motion sensor portion of the alarm appears to be inop, though the main alarm works.

I have a current CARFAX report and most service records dating back to 2006. A summary of the service history can be provided at request.

[/url]SEW_0280 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0275 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0274 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0271 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0267 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0266 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0264 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0259 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]SEW_0258 by WWhitmor, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Oh man... That thing looks mint for 13 years old. And it has the correct P2 sound system. I feel bad for everyone who bought P2 cars and didn't get the HU803 or HU850. GLWS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just updated the ad to reflect a new asking price as the vehicle is now Ontario safety certified with a valid emissions test. Too many local buyers were inquiring about certification so I figured it was in my best interest to have the left ball joint and both lower front control arms replaced and have the certification issued.

Hounddogger - It is in great shape for the age, especially considering it has lived in areas with salt covered winter roads since new. I was impressed enough with how this car has held up to buy the 2007 XC90. You are right about the sound system, it blows away the High Performance system I have in the XC90. The seats are also more comfortable in the V70.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts