SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2002 V70 (199,000KMS) from an auction for resale. The only thing wrong with the car was related to the driver seat.
There was an airbag warning and codes related to the side airbag, and the seat was torn along the seams. I figured I would
take the seat out to have better access in sewing the seat and to see if I could find the problem with the airbag.

Anyway, I probably screwed up as I removed the seat and electrical connections without disconnecting the battery first
(is it necessary to do this?). Anyway, after putting the seat back in, the front seats do not work now. The air bag problem was a
cut wire going to the air bag, which I fixed.

I checked the fuses and everything is fine. I checked the connector with the red and black wires and there is power there and the
ground is fine as well.

Am I going to have to go to the dealer for a re-flashing of the seat components?

Any ideas of what I can check next?

Thanks for the help,
Ian

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, I found the problem. It really helps if there was power in the battery.:facepalm:

I had moved the seat all the way back to access the seat bolts and the seat was only out for 2 days,
so I presumed the battery was good.

Anyway, I am the goof of the day. :)

Ian

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Thanks for posting the followup even with potential embarrassment!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts