SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When making sharp left turns my right weel makes a scraping noise. The sound is similar to ABS working.
Since it's a D5 I have STC but even when I disable the STC iI still have this noise now & then. My car is 6 weeks young and I only have 3500 km on the odometre.

It's not tirerub (i checked), servo liquid is at normal level.

The scraping sound can be felt al the way to the gaspedal.

Only the right weel makes this sound and only at sharp turns to the left from a stand still or when driving.

To make it complete it only happens now and then (roughly once per week) and I can't duplicate it on purpose. Which makes it hard to convince my dealer something is wrong.

Any suggestions/tips/comments welcome.

Cheers,
Vincent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Vinciebabe:
Hi,

When making sharp left turns my right weel makes a scraping noise. The sound is similar to ABS working.
Since it's a D5 I have STC

Had a simular problem on my D5 as well. It is the STC that makes the sound. Did a check on the car at the Volvo dealer and found everything OK. This sound was coused by the ABS working due to the STC, even when turned off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about the bearing as well.

I'm doubtfull about the STC & ABS. For instance I sometimes hear the sound in following example :

Car is parked and standing still
I turn wheel completely to the left and accelerate slowly to leave the parking spot. And there you go "the crackling/scraping noise".

So i'm pretty sure it's not the STC. The wheel is not touching the casing neither (I have 195 wheels)

Some people report problems with the bearings on the S60 and the V70 XC but not on the regular V70. Hmm. Well I have 23 more months to find the problem before waranty expires ;-)

Thanks for your input. Any other suggestions welcome.

Vincent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts