SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<P>When making sharp left turns my right weel makes a scraping noise. The sound is similar to ABS working. <BR>Since it's a D5 I have STC but even when I disable the STC iI still have this noise now & then. My car is 6 weeks young and I only have 3500 km on the odometre.<P>It's not tirerub (i checked), servo liquid is at normal level. <P>The scraping sound can be felt al the way to the gaspedal. <P>Only the right weel makes this sound and only at sharp turns to the left from a stand still or when driving. <P>To make it complete it only happens now and then (roughly once per week) and I can't duplicate it on purpose. Which makes it hard to convince my dealer something is wrong. <P>Any suggestions/tips/comments welcome.<P>Cheers,<BR>Vincent

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Vinciebabe:<BR>Hi,<P>When making sharp left turns my right weel makes a scraping noise. The sound is similar to ABS working. <BR>Since it's a D5 I have STC <P>Had a simular problem on my D5 as well. It is the STC that makes the sound. Did a check on the car at the Volvo dealer and found everything OK. This sound was coused by the ABS working due to the STC, even when turned off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about the bearing as well.<P>I'm doubtfull about the STC & ABS. For instance I sometimes hear the sound in following example :<P>Car is parked and standing still<BR>I turn wheel completely to the left and accelerate slowly to leave the parking spot. And there you go "the crackling/scraping noise". <P>So i'm pretty sure it's not the STC. The wheel is not touching the casing neither (I have 195 wheels)<P>Some people report problems with the bearings on the S60 and the V70 XC but not on the regular V70. Hmm. Well I have 23 more months to find the problem before waranty expires ;-) <P>Thanks for your input. Any other suggestions welcome.<P>Vincent <P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts