SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a new 2002 S60 T5 with the Graphite Leather/Indigo Cloth Split Sport seats? I am looking for pics and for impressions on comfort. The dealers here(VA)don't have one in stock for me to sit in or to see.

Also has anyone installed the OEM lowering springs accessory on their T5? Do you notice a difference? This would be in combination with their Sports Suspension Package...

Also are the new S60's shipped with the new Xenon lights now?

Any overall impressions on the s60 T5 w/Autostick?

FWIW, this is my first post and the new S60 T5 could be my fifth Volvo...

Also been looking at BMW 3-Series, Lexus IS300, Audi A4, and the Saab Viggen.

Here's a pic of the graphite/sisal I want the indigo=blue...

[This message has been edited by Theodore Ruxpin (edited 02-20-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Theodore Ruxpin:
Anyone have a new 2002 S60 T5 with the Graphite Leather/Indigo Cloth Split Sport seats? I am looking for pics and for impressions on comfort. The dealers here(VA)don't have one in stock for me to sit in or to see.

Also has anyone installed the OEM lowering springs accessory on their T5? Do you notice a difference? This would be in combination with their Sports Suspension Package...

Also are the new S60's shipped with the new Xenon lights now?

Any overall impressions on the s60 T5 w/Autostick?

FWIW, this is my first post and the new S60 T5 could be my fifth Volvo...

Also been looking at BMW 3-Series, Lexus IS300, Audi A4, and the Saab Viggen.

[This message has been edited by Theodore Ruxpin (edited 02-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Theodore Ruxpin (edited 02-06-2002).]
YOu will be hard-pressed to find this interior. There are only a few cars on the East Coast Retailer network and all of them are up in New Hampshire. I wanted to order one but my owner told me that he will crucify me if I dared do it! So...I did not! I pretty much have a free hand in ordering whatever but this one drew a flag! I can understand why. I, as a European, can appreciate it. The average Anerican won't because it is too "radical" (puhleez!). Anyway, I like it. But do expect the value of your car to suffer if you had one with it and decided to trade it within a few years. There is a small picture on the brochure.

No xenon lights, yet, on 2002 models. As far as the Geartronic, it is not a bad setup if you normally drive automatics and you wanna have a little fun. But the shifting can be delayed especially if you wind up the engine. So, it is not the same as a true manual. But it is only a $200 upgrade on the 2.4T engine.

I do not really want to express my opinion on the other cars you are looking at but a real quick comment based on personal experience and subjective opinion:

BMW---> Great car all around, kind of overpriced, PITA in the snow no matter what the BMW sales consultant will tell you

Lexus---> Average car, average acceleration, styling that belongs to a college kid, PITA in the snow, too small in the rear, overall not worth it!

A4---> Great car, Ok exterior, magnificent interior, smaller in the rear than the S60, tremendous handling and wonderful 6-speed manual transmission. The auto version stinks. Great improvement (2002 model) over the previous 2001 model. The 3.0l engine is the only way to go but at $37,000 starting price (Quattro) think again!

Saab Viggen---> muscle car feel, nice style, horrible ergonomics, very quick w/ huge turbo lag (annoying) but it is a...Saab (story)...

Good luck,

Yannis

·
Registered
300 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

YOu will be hard-pressed to find this interior. There are only a few cars on the East Coast Retailer network and all of them are up in New Hampshire. I wanted to order one but my owner told me that he will crucify me if I dared do it! So...I did not! I pretty much have a free hand in ordering whatever but this one drew a flag! I can understand why. I, as a European, can appreciate it. The average Anerican won't because it is too "radical" (puhleez!). Anyway, I like it. But do expect the value of your car to suffer if you had one with it and decided to trade it within a few years. There is a small picture on the brochure.

No xenon lights, yet, on 2002 models. As far as the Geartronic, it is not a bad setup if you normally drive automatics and you wanna have a little fun. But the shifting can be delayed especially if you wind up the engine. So, it is not the same as a true manual. But it is only a $200 upgrade on the 2.4T engine.

I do not really want to express my opinion on the other cars you are looking at but a real quick comment based on personal experience and subjective opinion:

BMW---> Great car all around, kind of overpriced, PITA in the snow no matter what the BMW sales consultant will tell you

Lexus---> Average car, average acceleration, styling that belongs to a college kid, PITA in the snow, too small in the rear, overall not worth it!

A4---> Great car, Ok exterior, magnificent interior, smaller in the rear than the S60, tremendous handling and wonderful 6-speed manual transmission. The auto version stinks. Great improvement (2002 model) over the previous 2001 model. The 3.0l engine is the only way to go but at $37,000 starting price (Quattro) think again!

Saab Viggen---> muscle car feel, nice style, horrible ergonomics, very quick w/ huge turbo lag (annoying) but it is a...Saab (story)...

Good luck,

Yannis

Yannis,

Was it the indigo-cloth/leather or the "bumble-bee" yellow cloth/black leather that your boss wouldn't let you order? He's absolutely right--the bumble-bee look is pretty hideous. I haven't seen the leather/indigo, but the pix don't look as bad as the yellow/black.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by T5 Dave:

Yannis,

Was it the indigo-cloth/leather or the "bumble-bee" yellow cloth/black leather that your boss wouldn't let you order? He's absolutely right--the bumble-bee look is pretty hideous. I haven't seen the leather/indigo, but the pix don't look as bad as the yellow/black.
Dave,

it was the indigo. The "bumble-bee", a.k.a. "Sisal" is not that bad...I would prefer the Indigo in the showroom but I would not call "Sisal" hideous...But, again, I come from a different background so my taste in interior and exteriors is a bit more risque than what people like here.

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Hey Yannis, have you driven an Audi with the new CVT? It's pretty darned cool.
Yes, George, I drove about one week ago, a 2002 A4, FWD. I have to admit it was mighty impressive and was surprised how quick the car was! I also read a pretty interesting write-up in the latest issue of "Automobile", where they break down the tranny and how it works. I would hate to see the repair bill on that thing if it broke down! Hehehe!

Yannis

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Graphite Leather/Indigo interior. I had to special order the car...the only one available in the US was in New Hampshire, and it was taken. I was unsure of how it would look from the limited pictures I've seen, but in person it looks great. It really brings out the interior lines of the car. I'm glad I decided to take the risk. The Indigo cloth is very a very light brown/tan color. Not as yellow as your picture. Dirt and spots show up easily...so if you have children or messy friends...don't order it. It is fairly easy to clean, but I'm very picky about people bringing food and such in the car. If you want pics, let me know

·
Registered
283 Posts
Indigo is yellow? I thought Indigo was a violet color. I saw a picture of black leather/indigo and I thought it meant this: http://www.autodeclics.com/php2/dynamic.php3?rub=11&where=ESSAIS&id_essai=58¶g=2#

So which one is the rare one that's in New Hampshire? The black/indigo is the REAL rare one? Does the black/indigo cost more than leather in regular premium package? If you can special order it, is it really that hard to get?

[This message has been edited by bfavre4 (edited 02-19-2002).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by bfavre4:
Indigo is yellow? I thought Indigo was a violet color. I saw a picture of black leather/indigo and I thought it meant this: http://www.autodeclics.com/php2/dynamic.php3?rub=11&where=ESSAIS&id_essai=58¶g=2#

So which one is the rare one that's in New Hampshire? The black/indigo is the REAL rare one? Does the black/indigo cost more than leather in regular premium package? If you can special order it, is it really that hard to get?

[This message has been edited by bfavre4 (edited 02-19-2002).]
What he has is th Graphite/Sisal (grey and yellowish). The indigo is the dark blue cloth. They are both pretty hard to find as they are not desirable. More Retailers have experimented with the Graphite/Sisal. I would love to order a Graphite/Indigo T5 but if I do they will have my head!

Yannis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts