SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum,I recently purchased a 2002 s60 non turbo automatic with 112,000 miles that is giving me a problem with starting.The car will turn over with no immobilizer or security warnings.I checked for spark and each plug fires 1 time each then stops even with the car still turning over.
I have checked all fuses and relays,fuel rail has pressure.I was unable to get any codes since the battery had died from sitting but I did replace it with a new one.
I have checked the Crankshaft sensor as best as I could with a volt meter and it appears to be within spec 130 ohms generating 200 millivolts i think is how its said :) when turning over.
I also tried testing the 3 wire camshaft sensor where I am seeing 5 volts on pins 1 and 3 but the volts on pin 1 fluctuate between 1.8 and 3.2 volts when turning over not sure if that is normal searched everywhere on the internet and was not able to find a answer.
Everything on the car works,alarm,all gauges,lights,locks etc with no issues.I also checked the timing marks and everything is lined up as it should be and compression is spot on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as to what else that could cause it to lose spark,thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Could be possible that the ecu is faulty just a guess though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2002 volvo s60 starting problems

Do you know if that dice with vida would be efficient enough to determine if the CEM is bad ? I was thinking of ordering one since it much cheaper then trying to have the car towed 100 miles and paying them $250 for a scan.I know I may have to wait a few weeks since it will be coming from china but would be nice to have the correct scanner for a volvo.
I did pick up a spare CEM and ECU with matching part numbers just in case I need to have one reprogrammed but would like to be positive before I dish out the cash.I am hoping someone may have the same style camshaft sensor and may be able to tell me if there voltage spikes like mine does on pin 1 when it is being turned over,also forgot to mention my camshaft position sensor is at 900 ohms maybe I will get lucky and its a bad camshaft sensor.Also wanted to ad I did remove and open the CEM and there was no signs of water damage or anything else the thing looks brand new.Thanks again for your time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there is anyone who could confirm that the voltage to the camshaft position sensor is correct would even be very helpful.That way I can at least rule that out.Thanks again for any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts