SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the center console on my 2002 be swapped out for a 2005 model without any modifications?

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
The dash and console trim was redesigned between 04 and 05. The pen holder isn't there for example. I don't remember if it leaves an ugly gap or not but it is not a direct swap. It splits by 01-04 and 05-10.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The gap that results from the swap isn't where the new shifter trim meets the climate control module (though the bottom of the ccm does hang out a little bit over the shifter trim), but there is a gap/groove around the gear selector. Apparently the 05+ gear selector must sit up higher than 01 - 04.

I've wondered if I could simply swap gear selectors as the R 05+ selectors look identical to the 01-04 selectors. Only noticeable difference is the W button has an S on it.

Here is a picture of my 05+ console swap

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info thanks. I think I am going to look for a 05 and do the MOD. I really can't stand the cup holder in the my 02.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As long as the donor car and your car both have geartronic, you should be fine. The shifter surround won't match up otherwise.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you're looking to buy these bits in the very near future - I'm at the end of a manual swap. I will be posting my GT shift knob, GT shift bezel, and a brand new(still in its packaging) OEM Nordkap shift boot within the coming week. In case you want to call dibs on the set before I post them.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
As long as the donor car and your car both have geartronic, you should be fine. The shifter surround won't match up otherwise.
Yup, you have to make you own facemask for the shifter if you have an 01-04 auto without geartronic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts