SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only two months away for the Carlisle event. We had a great turn out last year, hopefully this year it get even better. The date is May 17th ~19th. I think I can speak for the MD/DC/VA crew that we will all try to make it there.

I hope we'll get to see you all there this year.

Maybe this year we will get it more organized..we should have a good idea after the Ocean Race GTG.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Maybe Friday.
Definitely Saturday.
Maybe Sunday.

Depends when the auto-x is, and what else is going on during the weekend.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm...I wonder if I should stay there overnight and participate the Sunday event, or just come back again on Sunday. After all, it's only ~1.5 hrs of driving from home..especially driving along with some crazy Volvo comrades, the trip seems a lot shorter than it really is.

Remember only 100 miles away from my place...

George, we do need more info on the Ocean Race event soon as I have already posted on BB about this event. Hehe..I also want to find an alternative route to get to Annapolis. Last weekend when I was on the Beltway, the potholes were pretty nasty.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
There are plenty of hotels up there, and very affordable. Also, if you have a tent, you can camp on the fairgrounds.

George
Where the heck is Carlisle???

Yannis

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Central PA. It's about 10-20 minutes west of Harrisburg. If you come in the PA Turnpike, the exits go...

Morgantown
Reading
Lebanon Lancaster
Harrisburg East
Harrisburg West
Gettysburg
Carlisle

I forget what is east of Morgantown, but that should give you an idea. It's a fairgrounds that has all sorts of auto related shows all summer long, and that particular one is an import/kit car show that has a big Volvo turnout.

They separated compacts to another weekend, so the Hondas and VWs tend to go to that and imports is now stuff like Fiat, Saab, Land Rover, MG, old VW, Volvo etc. etc.

Only downside is that the Fiero contingent is large due to the kit car side of things.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Sweet Sean, it'll be good to see you. We could do a drive Saturday evening or something. I might just plan on staying up there. My parents live in Hershey (nearby) anyway.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
..it's only ~1.5 hrs of driving from home..especially driving along with some crazy Volvo comrades, the trip seems a lot shorter than it really is.
Yeah, it sure does! If there's another caravan on Saturday, I'm in, and I'll probably go up on one other day if the weather is good. Only 43 days to fix my fender.

quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Also, if you have a tent, you can camp on the fairgrounds.
I thought I read that camping wasn't allowed anymore. Maybe it's only for the custom compact show?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I will be there from Friday night, right after work til Saturday night or Sunday morning. Now, the only question is, which car should I bring? The Focus or the Volvo?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quote:

Originally posted by NJ850N/A:
Now, the only question is, which car should I bring? The Focus or the Volvo?
Focus~!! Yeah, if you want to park your focus in the visitors parking lot.

Volvo, if you want to show with us.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kai,
If I am bringing the Focus, I will park it in the Focus Wild class, it has more than 12 mods in the car.

Volvo, of course I will show with you guys.

Decided, Volvo, it's a 3 hours trip, and I will need AC & a quiet ride. Focus got no AC (removed), and is loud as hell.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They have Focus event THAT DAY, too?! Are you sure it's not on the Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals days?

Nah...even if they have an event, you should join the COOL crew.

We got 2nd place for Best Show last year. This year should be as good if not better.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
They have Focus event THAT DAY, too?! Are you sure it's not on the Carlisle Custom Compact Nationals days?

Nah...even if they have an event, you should join the COOL crew.

We got 2nd place for Best Show last year. This year should be as good if not better.
Kai,

are you guys showing ANY Volvo or just heavily modified Volvos, like yours?

Yannis

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kai,
Huh? All I know is the Focus event will be held from Friday to Sunday, about 300 Focus's will be there. May 3rd to May 5th. That's all I remember. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts