SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just bought a nice used 01 xc70. the trans. works fine. i have been reading on forums that it is a souce of problems. i have no service history on my car but i notice that at stops and all speeds it does not go to nuetral when i let off of the gas. can i assume the trans. software update for eliminating the shift to nuetral was done? thanks carl. also flushed the fluid and went with 3309 compliant amsoil synthetic oil for trans.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: 2001 xc70 trans question (carlflug)

How many miles are on the car?<p>"Neutral Control" as its called shifts the car into neutral after the car has stopped for a few seconds, then after pressing the accelerator pedal a thump/clunk is heard as the transmission goes into drive.<p>If you are not feeling this then yes your car has had the software update. Depending on how many miles your car has and how many times the tranny was flushed you could be looking at a new tranny sometime soon.<p>My '01 has been going strong, and I have been religious with the flushings. So far she is shifting smoothly. I am at 105k miles and the last hiccup I had, was when shifting into drive the tranny would take an extra second or two to engage. After a full flush the problem is now gone.<p>However I am counting the days till it dies...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts