SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo V70 T5 w/M66 manual swap. 159241 miles. I am the third owner and purchased the car about 4-yrs ago at 108000 miles. Manual swap was completed around 105000 miles. This has been a great car and performs well. It pulls strong and handles well, especially at speed. This car was primarily used as my work commuter car and since purchasing has had mostly highway miles. I have put a lot of work into this car on top of what the previous owner had invested. Unfortunately, the manual transmission (M66) is shot, not sure what exactly when awry, but the it makes a very loud whine/grind at all speeds in all gears, especially 1st and 2nd. Noise is not present with clutch in and at speed. Clutch and throw-out bearing seem fine. Clutch, flywheel and throw-out bearing were replaced around 25K miles ago w/ V70R clutch and TMV billet flywheel. I drained the transmission oil and found a lot of brass/steel and soom large flakes. The car will need a new M66 transmission (found in C70, V70R, S60R, V50 and S40). The car does run and drive I just would not trust it for any long drives.

Car is located near Brookville, PA.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/brookville-2001-volvo-v70-t5-m66-swap/6908525302.html

Factory Options:
- T5 Trim Package
- Rear facing seat in back
- Integrated booster seats in back seats
- Black leather interior w/ front power sport seats (very comfortable)
- Dual climate control
- Sunroof
- Power everything

The following work was completed by the previous owner:
- Poly front control arm bushing
- H&R lowering springs
- Bilstein Sport struts & shocks
- Front subframe polyurethane inserts
- Snabb air intake
- Hilton Stage II tune (included software changes for conversion to manual)
- IPD boost gage
- OBX 3” Stainless exhaust and down pipe (w/ Cat. Delete)
- Solid Upper Strut brace mounts
- Full timing belt service including water pump
- Full PVC system service (around 105K miles)
- Engine resealed (valve cover, cam, oil pump, oil pan, oil cooler lines)
- Forge Motorsport turbo bypass valve
- New OEM passenger side axle

Since owning the car I have:
- New OEM radiator, with full system flush
- New alternator
- New front subframe bushings and polyurethane inserts
- Upper and lower polyurethane engine torque mounts
- New V70R clutch, OEM throw-out bearing and TMV Single Mass Billet Flywheel (@135K)
- New driver-side OEM axle
- New front wheel bearings including dust seals
- Fuel Filter
- MAF (Bosch)
- New ignition coils (Bosch OEM)
- Brake fluid flush
- New urethane boost solenoid valve tubing
- Drivers side window regulator
- Full alignment

Will Need:
- New used M66
- Heater core is starting to weep but a new one with lines & seals is included with sale
- Auto-tint rearview mirror tint separation
- Original Key fobs are missing

The car still looks great but does show some wear and tear. Better then most cars for the age however. There are no rips or tears in the seats and the interior still looks great. AC works as do all other options on the car. The car comes with a full set of studded snow tires mounted on steel wheels. The tires have at least another season+. I have full set of maintenance records from previous owners and during my ownership. I have a 2001 Volvo S60 T5 parts car (no title) that can be included with the sale of this vehicle. Hoping to sell this car to another Volvo enthusiast who will enjoy her. Asking 2500 OBO. Car can be driven. Cash-in-hand at time of sale.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts