SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Is it a manual or auto?

Any mods or "personal touches"?

I'm moving to San Fran in another week and will be needing a ride soon. If I can land the job I need within a reasonable time frame I may be able to accomidate your buy-out. If the car is around late-May, I'll be in Redwood City. Mabe I can take a closer look.

Prospero

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prospero,

It is completely stock except for some cool floor mats I got from IPD. The transmission is an automatic. I would not recommend a manual transmission in the Bay Area.

If you are still interested, contact me when you get here and we can work something out.

cmilbrandt

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by cmilbrandt:
Prospero,

The transmission is an automatic. I would not recommend a manual transmission in the Bay Area.

Why not? DOn't tell me "because it's too hilly"!

Yannis

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is very hilly and for some commutes, there is traffic, which is annoying with a stick. Besides, how can a guy drive with cell phone in one hand, coffee in the other and manage to shift gears!?!? ;-)

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Yeah..I can relate. Driving manual in busy traffic commute is just no fun. I can't imagine doing that in San Fran; especially if you have some sort of performance clutch upgrade, it can ruin your already not-so-enjoyable morning commute in the traffic.

As for the talking on the phone and drinking at the same time....hehee..I actually like the idea of driving a manual car for that reason.
You can force yourself not to drive and talk on the phone at the same time...and avoid talking to people you don't want to talk to. "Oh..I gotta go, I'm driving..hard to shift and talk at the same time...."

Not sure if I would ever get another manual tranny car for daily rush hour commute. Too much of a PIA.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I use to drive my mom's 97' Volkswagen Cabrio with cheese cake from Burger King, my cell phone, and shift at the same time

Being busy is better than falling asleep in traffic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts