SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the stock ride height measurement on an 01 V70XC? My car seems to be a little low, but since I
do not know what the actual measurement is, I am just guessing. I never measured it, but it looks low.

What is the measurement from the ground to under the wheel arch, front and back? Also, Is it possible to raise
the car a bit, maybe an inch or so. I have seen some XC70s that seem higher than mine and I like the look.

I changed the plugs in the car and the air filter and I seem to be getting a little worse gas mileage than before.
One thing, my muffler has lost some of the fiberglass from inside. The muffler was a bit clogged before and since
I cleared out some of the glass, I have a more power, but worse MPG. I was at around 11.5L/100km, now I am
at 12.7L/100km, all combined driving.

My headlight wipers are doing the magic dance. They do not work when I turn them on, but are always in a different
position when I look at the front of the car. I heard the bumper has to come off the fix them. Is removing the bumper
a big job and can they be fixed, or do they have to be replaced?

Many Thanks for the help,
Ian

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
They're all different. By the time you hit 100K miles, the springs and shocks will have substantially weakened.
If you replace the struts, shocks and springs it will sit more or less like this, but it's an expensive proposition, especially on a 2001!

If you just disconnect the wipers you will be better off.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
If you are seeing worse mpgs after changind the plugs, I wonder if they are gapped correctly...or if you are using OE Volvo plugs. Lots of complaints from others who have tried going aftermarket and went back to OE.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ride height

What is the stock ride height measurement on an 01 V70XC? My car seems to be a little low, but since I
do not know what the actual measurement is, I am just guessing. I never measured it, but it looks low.

What is the measurement from the ground to under the wheel arch, front and back? Also, Is it possible to raise
the car a bit, maybe an inch or so. I have seen some XC70s that seem higher than mine and I like the look.

I changed the plugs in the car and the air filter and I seem to be getting a little worse gas mileage than before.
One thing, my muffler has lost some of the fiberglass from inside. The muffler was a bit clogged before and since
I cleared out some of the glass, I have a more power, but worse MPG. I was at around 11.5L/100km, now I am
at 12.7L/100km, all combined driving.

My headlight wipers are doing the magic dance. They do not work when I turn them on, but are always in a different
position when I look at the front of the car. I heard the bumper has to come off the fix them. Is removing the bumper
a big job and can they be fixed, or do they have to be replaced?

Many Thanks for the help,
Ian
Search the site for ride height questions. There are numerous discussion with measurements you requested. Some people use XC90 front parts but all this is in the earlier post I have read. Also, go to Youtube and you will see pictures and how to remove the front bumper. Sorry I don't have the links

1 - 4 of 4 Posts