SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened up the trunk speaker covers to find nothing behind them. If I just get other XC70 rear tweeter speakers and install them will that work? do those look like the right connectors for the tweeters? I am not even sure I have a center channel speaker, how can I pull the center grille off?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You probably have the standard HU 613, no center speaker, no Dolby
I thought the tweeters came standard on all XCs, perhaps a speaker went bad and they were both removed.
To your answer, yes, plug and play

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably have the standard HU 613, no center speaker, no Dolby
I thought the tweeters came standard on all XCs, perhaps a speaker went bad and they were both removed.
To your answer, yes, plug and play

thanks good to know! I am picking up some used speakers tomo and see if it works out.

if I wanted to add the center channel, what else would I need to make it happen?

·
Registered
743 Posts
You'd need the HU-803 head unit and the factory amp+harness.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
and the center speaker
Not worth the money unless you upgrade the speakers

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and the center speaker
Not worth the money unless you upgrade the speakers
yup that's what I was thinking.

I have not looked into it but I heard upgrading the stock stereo to an aftermarket deck is a pain in the a**? I had done it in my S70 and it was really easy why would it be any different in the XC?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update: installed the tweeters, it was plug and play and they worked.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I have not looked into it but I heard upgrading the stock stereo to an aftermarket deck is a pain in the a**? I had done it in my S70 and it was really easy why would it be any different in the XC?
No difference really, perhaps even easier as you don't need to file down the opening if you went with a double din

1 - 8 of 8 Posts