SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got this custom 3in OEM/hybrid exhaust setup. came with a o2 spacer too! It was made for a 2004 V70R but the owner found it was too loud. was too good of a deal so i had to get it, esp since its so hard to find a obx downpipe that fits these vehicles.

I needed to get this gasket for the install (8642449)

the worst part of the swap, removing the nuts and praying the studs don't break! I had been spraying wd-40 on them regularly every other day after work for 2 weeks I really didn't want them to snap. not sure if that helped but they came off with ease.

mounted on the gasket

came with a 42 draft designs o2 spacer ($45 value)

vband connection between the downpipe and exhaust. no gasket needed!

i wish i had more pics of the install but we were in a rush.

I'll work on getting more pics and a few videos. Trust me this is LOUD a bit too loud even for me but I'll deal with it for now. in the meantime if you have any ideas of a decent resonator I'm down to check em out.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Wow. I wish I was young enough to not care about rocking that sound—it is loud…but it sure does sound good!

·
Registered
743 Posts
nothing that a good catalytic converter won't fix :)

looks like it was built well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just remember, I warned you that the previous owner thought it was too loud.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Haha! Tight. Love all your videos. Simple and well shot...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yea this thing is loud not that I mind it but the drone from 2-3k rpms is so bad, the wagon is pretty much a echo chamber. I am going to get the piping re-done next week so its a full 3in single pipe from the catback and throw on a magnaflow muffler. I'll try to get some more videos in this weekend. did a few tunnel runs and its not as loud or as clean sounding as my R and that has a borla xr-1 on it and nothing else.

XC90 V8 tunnel

S60R tunnel

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redid the exhaust to calm down the nasty drone. got a full 3in single pipe from the cat back and added a magnaflow 14419 and magnaflow 12219 muffler to the setup. under 65mph its almost close to stock when cruising, you can tell there's an exhaust but its nothing like the straight pipe drone and it wont give you a headache. once the radio is on you can't tell unless you're giving it gas. when your accelerating its still loud and droney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT95WMrUw2s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts