SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 190,000 miles on my V70 T5.
I had a tune on it from speedtuning USA but at higher rpm's under heavy acceleration the car would miss fire.
I had it into a local shop and into Volvo.
They replaced all 5 coil packs, then it started again, Volvo blamed the tune so I switched back to the stock ECU. The car is better with the stock ECU and only misfires around 4000RPM where as the tuned ECU would progressively misfire at lower and lower RPM, eventually misfiring at 3000 RPM and being unable to hit 4000RPM, however reseating the ECU would set it back to 4000RPM until next time. then once it misfired the RPM's at which it misfired would gradually get lower and lower. If you bump it too often the CEL will come on.
The car will pretty consistently misfire and give out a puff of smoke at about 4,000RPM under moderate acceleration. one of the codes did report a low level signal from something, but apparently it has disappeared and was "nothing to worry about"
Volvo told me it was on cylinder 5 but when they changed that pack, then Cylinder 1 reported miss fire.

The car does not smoke, the idle is fine, Volvo told me that electrical problems are the death of Volvo's and cant be reasonably resolved :facepalm:

Has anyone seen this or got any suggestions? I have searched the forums and even googled it but I only seem to get answers for misfires during idle.

Given that the only manual station wagon left in the US is a Golf Sportwagen with a stripped out interior, I would like to keep my Volvo for a few more years.
Besides I love this car and even added a Quaife LSD to it so now it it great in the snow :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it misfiring or just stumbling? A common issue is a bad boost control solenoid. It will over boost and cut throttle and fuel.

EDIT: Wow 1st post... :wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts