SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2001 with wiring issues? You don't say.

We had been having issues with the left rear brake light forever, but it just required some wiggling every few weeks and it would be good to go.

But recently neither one has been working, replaced both bulbs and the problem persisted. It started with they would sometimes both work, sometimes both not work, and progressed to neither ever working.

The third brake light always works.

Any tips on what to start with? the wiring setup on Volvos is a little weirder than I am used to.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I swapped the relay from my s60 into her v70 and they work, the weird thing is when I put her relay in my s60 my brake lights still work.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It can be a loose wiring if the relay is working well. Check the contacts as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check taillights for water (to drain you can drill a slanting hole on the inside/hatch side of the lens). Housing loosen, water seeps in, sloshing shorts bulb. . Since the housing is part of the circuit, check for cracks or pieces missing around where bulb/socket twist in. Volvo electrics remind me of Xmas lights: one bulb fails, the string goes dark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts