SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: 2004 v70 awd , need black booster, third row, and hitch (joejbal)

Quote, originally posted by joejbal »
I just talked to a mechanic that checked out the 2001 in red bank nj, he told me to avoid the 01.

Probably good advice overall. The AWD system in the V70 AWD won't see the same stresses as the R, which is where most of the reports of failures are coming from, but the '01 trannys fail regardless of engine.

So, i am looking for a black booster seat back seat to swap with my non booster seat back seat. What is involved in the swap?

It's very easy. Pull on the red tabs on the front of the seats to unlock them, then they lift up and out. Reverse the process to install the new seat bottoms.

What is involved in adding a third row?

Not impossible, but significantly more involved. Besides installing the seats, you have to add the seatbelt harnesses and interior latch for the rear hatch.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: 2004 v70 awd , need black booster, third row, and hitch (joejbal)

thanks for the reply.

Is 7500 a fair price for a 04 awd with 111,000 miles?

i can get an 02 with 88,000 for 7900, but the trans might be questionable on an 02

I wish I could tell you with any degree of certainty. JRL's your man for those kinds of questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.