SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Volvo lovers,

Well, the title just about says it all...

2001 S60 T5 LPG converted (BRC Plug & Drive), 150000 Km.

Started to have difficulties starting ii the morning a few months ago.

- Cranks for exactly 7 seconds after sitting overnight, then runs perfectly.

- If I turn it off immediatelly after starting for the first time in the morning, it will start right away, perfectly normal; as will it for every subsequent times I start it (I assume this rules out the engine temperature from the equation) :?:

- If I let it sit during the day, it will crank in the proportion of the amount of time I let it sit. My impression is that this characteristic is getting worse... In other words, a couple months ago, letting it sit for 1 h would resulta in an almost immediate start. Today it resulta in a 2-3 second delay in cranking time. Still, the biggest delay it will get is exactly 7 seconds.

- The car pulls like an express train, idles perfectly and behaves, otherwise, perfectly normal. :cool:

I had trouble with a top-leaking original fuel pump in the past. Solved it with epoxy for 3 years, but as this issue appeared, I assumed it would loose fuel pressure through the fuel pump when sitting... So today replaced fuel pump for a new BOSCH unit... problem is exactly the same. :(

Running out of ideas... Can continue with the lottery game of replacing parts, but woud like a more focused approach..

p.S. Never in this period of time has it thrown any CEL. VIDA doesn't have DTCs...

p.S. 2 Car is LPG converted... but as it won't start on LPG, can't really use it to help on troubleshoot...

p.S 3 the Battery is very good (VARTA), brand new

HELP, please? :confused:

·
Registered
853 Posts
So are you saying the engine starts up using regular gas? Start by checking fuel pressure at the rail and you might consider replacing the fuel pressure sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were you able to fix this?

Hello fellow Volvo lovers,

Well, the title just about says it all...

2001 S60 T5 LPG converted (BRC Plug & Drive), 150000 Km.

Started to have difficulties starting ii the morning a few months ago.

- Cranks for exactly 7 seconds after sitting overnight, then runs perfectly.

- If I turn it off immediatelly after starting for the first time in the morning, it will start right away, perfectly normal; as will it for every subsequent times I start it (I assume this rules out the engine temperature from the equation) :?:

- If I let it sit during the day, it will crank in the proportion of the amount of time I let it sit. My impression is that this characteristic is getting worse... In other words, a couple months ago, letting it sit for 1 h would resulta in an almost immediate start. Today it resulta in a 2-3 second delay in cranking time. Still, the biggest delay it will get is exactly 7 seconds.

- The car pulls like an express train, idles perfectly and behaves, otherwise, perfectly normal. :cool:

I had trouble with a top-leaking original fuel pump in the past. Solved it with epoxy for 3 years, but as this issue appeared, I assumed it would loose fuel pressure through the fuel pump when sitting... So today replaced fuel pump for a new BOSCH unit... problem is exactly the same. :(

Running out of ideas... Can continue with the lottery game of replacing parts, but woud like a more focused approach..

p.S. Never in this period of time has it thrown any CEL. VIDA doesn't have DTCs...

p.S. 2 Car is LPG converted... but as it won't start on LPG, can't really use it to help on troubleshoot...

p.S 3 the Battery is very good (VARTA), brand new

HELP, please? :confused:
Wondering if you had been able to fix this? i have a similar condition on my 2001 V70XC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts