SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to assist my father in law who has an S60 2.4T and recently he had to make a hard stop to avoid an accident. When he tried to continue on, he noticed the car felt like it was in neutral. After putting it in park, he again put it back to drive and felt nothing. He claims the car did feel like it moved to park when moving the shifter there.

He took the car to his mechanic and the mechanic pulled some codes that "were consistent with all data being erased from transmission computer". When trying to retune/reprogram this computer, it wouldn't accept the file. The transmission has now been deemed no good and requires a replacement, from what he was told.

Volvo's are not in my wheelhouse, as much as I do enjoy the idea of owning one. My father in law's Volvo has about 100k and has been babied and garaged its entire life. I fail to believe the transmission is bad.
What am I missing? What questions do I need to ask to obtain relevant information? I did a couple searches and wasn't able to find what I was looking for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently read a couple articles about the PNP switch possibly being the weak link. Has anyone experienced any similar problems with the PNP switch?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is the Transmission computer offline with the rest of the network? What codes were/are stored in the Transmission computer? Any and all codes - Post them up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I recently read a couple articles about the PNP switch possibly being the weak link. Has anyone experienced any similar problems with the PNP switch?
PNP switch will throw CEL and display 'Transmission Service Required' in the Information Display. From my experience, that particular CEL will only go away via VIDA. If no CEL, I would look elsewhere than PNP switch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts