SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The time has come to move on from this platform. I have spent countless hours and countless amount of money and I think I am ready to try something new.

This vehicle may NOT be for everyone given its current condition. I am trying to find a home for it as it sits otherwise as you all very may well know; I will tear this down and sell all the parts off of it. I prefer to not do that, so I wanted to list this for a few weeks and see if anyone is interested.

Mileage: 184K and slightly climbing (title is clean)
Price: $6800

I may have missed a few things but here is what it has/has had done:
In 2017 the following was completed by Rolling Motors:
-Subframe removal
-Rear fuel lines replaced with nylon lines
-Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump
-Subframe bolts replaced
-Rear diff fluid
-rear diff front bushing

Following that I replaced the following 2018-2019:
-Front and rear rotors
-Front and rear calipers
-Brake Pads
-Brake Lines
-Coolant
- Left and right motor mount
-18L of Volvo Trans fluid for flush
-Spark plugs
-Maf Sensor
-Suspension upgrade (Coilovers)
-Rear toe bars
-Delrin subframe bushings
-ac compressor
-PS pump
-Meyle Control arms
-New battery
-New Volvo Ground Cables
-Flushed PS fluid

Current Modifications and upgrades:
-17in Satellite wheels: These wheels were sent to Rim Doc in NY for the full treatment. They were fully rebuilt meaning all the curb rash and dings/dents was fixed. All four wheels where straightened and freshly powder coated and cleared. Wheels have 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot 4S tires. With about 500 miles on them. EXPENSIVE SETUP….
-Boxter S front Calipers (freshly sand blaster/acid dipped and powder coated. All new seals)
-P2R Rear Caliper (freshly sand blaster/acid dipped and powder coated. All new seals)
-Hawk 5.0 front and rear pads
-Brembo blank rotors front and rear (P2R size)
-BC Racing Coilover Kit Specific to the 98-00 V70R
-IPD front and rear sway bars
-CJ Yother rear adj toe arms
-do88 radiator
-Snabb Drop in IC
-Snabb Rip Kit
-do88 silicone coolant hoses
-Snabb Intake
-Customer 3in Downpipe
-TME Catback/axleback
-Custom Hilton Stage 2 tune (19-20 psi)
-Prosport boost gauge with pillar pod
-LED interior bulbs
-Volvo strut tower brace
-Delrin Subframe bushings
-Ceramic tint (reads 35% all around, minus windshield)
-Depo jewel headlights and Volvo jewel corners
-Poly Upper Engine Mount
-AEM Dry Flow Filter
-15mm spacer
-20mm Spacer

Spare parts not included but available if anyone would like them…
-P2R M66
-Brand New Volvo V70R Front Bumper, unpainted

Now for the bad:
I still daily this car and have been with no issues. The transmission feels like it shifts in and out of neutral when coming to a stop. Otherwise it drives basically PERFECTLY under all other conditions. It still rips and shift quickly and flawlessly under full boost. It is actually REALLY fast for what it is.
I think the evaporator may have a leak as the AC refrigerant is not staying in the vehicle (could be wrong). There may be some other items that I’ve missed but it is a 20 year old car. Car also came from Maine so bit of the car underneath is crusty with one small hole on the drivers side jack point.
Timing belt was done around 120K I did not touch it since.
Could also use an alignment (steering wheel is slightly off)

There is a dent on the driver’s side fender and a ding in the hood. A small rub mark on the front bumper and scratches here and there. Once again it is a 20-year-old car and NOT PERFECT. I understand the price may be higher than you would expect, I have spent way more than its being sold for and I think it is more than fair. Price is firm and if no one bites, I will be parting it out in its entirety. Thank you for reading through and hope you all have a great day!

Feel free to send me any PMs with questions or photo requests.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
GLWTS
I'm too old to take on a new project.
None of this sounds all that serious if you know what you're doing... but it will take a bit of time and a little money for parts.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Oh man, im in the market for one of these, but not for that price and distance away from me. Im curious to see what happens to this one. I sure hope it doesnt get parted out! Someone please snag this beauty!!

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
Part it out? Seriously? No way. Gotta keep this whole.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm definitely milling about near the back of the line...
Trying to sort a purchase in Western Canada, if that doesn't work out the '99 in denver is next up if it's still avail when I go there next week.
If that *also* doesn't work out, then I'm definitely interested in this :)

edit: so what I'm trying to say is, at least don't part it out until May! The transmission is really the only thing that concerns me ATM. How I'm suddenly choosing between Rs instead of being 7th in line for 1 clapped out model is beyond me, though.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Again, where were these Lasers last fall?!? There’s a lot to like in that list of upgrades! GLWTS!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Bump for great seller! I really hope someone is able to snag this!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hoping someone can negotiate with this man and buy this! Makes me hate my life for being broke, I seriously need to make more money. Don't part it out!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Great car and a great guy, hope this goes to a good home! So much work has been put into it

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hopefully someone buys this so it's not parted out. My car is very similar with the Six speed swap done and is a joy to drive. I'd be interested in the wheels if it for some reason does get taken apart....but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hopefully someone buys this so it's not parted out. My car is very similar with the Six speed swap done and is a joy to drive. I'd be interested in the wheels if it for some reason does get taken apart....but hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Wow, blast from the past. Nick, haven’t seen you post here for a wHile... how’s your Laser doing? Did you ever get the tune figured out? Don’t want to thread jack, but maybe post up a little update thread sometime. One of the OG P80 M66 swaps!

Hope you’re well!

-Brandon

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wow, blast from the past. Nick, haven’t seen you post here for a wHile... how’s your Laser doing? Did you ever get the tune figured out? Don’t want to thread jack, but maybe post up a little update thread sometime. One of the OG P80 M66 swaps!

Hope you’re well!

-Brandon
Yes, I have a Hilton tune now and learned a few things from some of the other manual swaps that addresses the last little issue I was having (one of the down sides to be one of the early swaps). I need to data log it and have Hilton do a final tune update. I'm going through the interior right now (new head liner in back suede, etc) and perfecting it and putting on all the new parts I bought for it years ago. Just had some small PDR work to rid the body of a few small door dings so now it's perfect. If you're on facebook or instagram Id love to connect so you can see some of the latest pics. Anyways, car is alive and well - I hope someone buys this car and M66 swaps it. Id love to do it except I have 8 cars right now and travel a lot for work...so time and space aren't ideal.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
If you're on facebook or instagram Id love to connect so you can see some of the latest pics.
Sorry OP, I don't want to sidetrack this thread - but 94850tx, if it's possible to share where to find your Instagram or FB page, I'd love to see your car :)

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Car is no longer for sale. Being parted out this weekend. YOLO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.