SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS NY: 2000 Volvo S80 - 80k - Many new parts

(Selling for my girlfriend's brother, his ad)

I am selling my S80 as I am looking to get a truck for work. It is too nice to drive on the dirt roads required for my job.

New Parts:
  • Control Arms
  • Ball Joints
  • Strut Mounts
  • Remanufactured ABS Module
  • Transmission Fluid and Filter Changed
  • Full Tune-Up (Plugs, Mann Air Filter, Oil Change)
  • Windshield Wipers and OEM Headlight Wiper blades
  • Fuel Pump
  • Fuel Pump Relay

I have owned this car for a little over a year, and spent a great deal of money maintaining it to it's current condition, replacing many parts in order for a reliable ride. The exterior and underbody is corrosion and rust free, it looks great! Highway trips are a joy - it rides very smooth, and the engine is very quiet and refined. No leaks whatsoever.

Although the body, engine, and interior are in great shape, there are a few minor issues. The "Alarm System Service Required" message is displayed on the information display. There is a small battery in the siren that is dead, which is causing the fault. It doesn't affect anything other than the operation of the siren, which would rarely if ever be used. The car is equipped with remote keyless entry, but I cannot find the keyfob. If desired, a keyfob could be purchased and programmed at the dealer. Lastly, the power seat is picky and works intermittently, usually the first time you sit in the car before turning it on. Once set and sitting down, no issues obviously.

I am asking $5500 or best offer. The car is located in Endicott, NY, near Binghamton. Please PM or post in the thread with any questions you might have. Thanks! More pictures available upon request.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump - found the keyfob, put a new battery in, works great. Keyless is a non issue now.

Siren can be fixed for any potential buyer.

Trying to diagnose the power seat issue this week, seems to be the control module under the seat. Slides back and forth but won't tilt.

$5500 or best offer, all offers considered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts