SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this board and I am highly inspired in upgrading my volvo. I've done research for the turbo upgrade, Ecu, cat backs? And suspension is all what I'm looking todo.. I have 113k miles looking to get it through my 20's I'm 21...

turbo
what turbo is my C70s LT? And what are the upgrading options looking tk spend about 2000

ECU
upgrades Ive seen add 30 Hp max on my Auto gear? Are they anymore options.

I had a saab and cat backs are something I wanna do to my volvo is that possible?

What is the maximum horse power at wheel can I have looking to get 250-350?

Any upgrade options would be highly appreciated :).

·
Registered
314 Posts
Grats on your new car.

Don't forget your stage zero before boosting:
Spark plugs, filters, trans fluid, and at your mileage, check your timing belt (it's due every 105k) and crazy Volvo PCV system (flame trap and associated hoses).

I have no idea what the LPT will take. I've seen a lot of guys on the forum tweak their HPTs into 350-400 HP w/o major modification.
Cat backs exist, I know at least 4 different brands, here's a video comparing some (all seem to say just for this year, so I guess they fit both model engines?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQo5jR83Lc
Here's the full OBX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGIfKgEgx7o
I'd recommend Snabb's fresh air intake http://www.snabb.us/Performance-Fresh-Air-Pipe-99-00-SV70-99-05-C70_p_11.html (I have this)
IPDs ECU upgrade is highly regarded (although I haven't taken that plunge yet.)
I have no idea on the LT, but on the HPT the catback+ECU should yield ~60hp. IPDs chart shows a 40hp gain on a LPT
http://www.ipdusa.com/products/7756...tune-upgrade-for-motronic-7-turbo-models-1999
From their chart it seems that Volvo set the PSI of the turbo on yours at 8, and it's capable of 12.
Hopefully some of that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I will look into that. Another thing Is my car engine died so I'll have to buy a new one, can a HP tubo engine form the. 2000 Volvo be a direct fit? Or should I stay with what I have

·
Registered
120 Posts
The engine itself is phyically identical whether HPT or LPT. The problem with getting a HPT for your car is that you will need injectors, turbo and associated coolant piping from the HPT engine and an appropriate tune to release the horsies and prevent CELs from Hilton or ARD or one of the other tuners.

It's a pretty easy swap however attention to detail is needed. I just swapped an LPT engine into a T5 and retained all the T5 accessories such as injectors and turbo. This will give better bottom end performance than a HPT however longevity with continued high boost may be compromised due to the higher compression ratio and thinner cylinder walls on the LPT.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey man what part of Az u in? I have the 2.4lpt also and it's a pretty fun car.Im just gonna get a custom 3inch exhaust and ecu flash and call it a day.These cars can do a lot and out here in AZ I never see other ones.Cool to see another in AZ for once.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Tucson bro, but imma just sell her and get a 2000 Mercedes c230 :/ don't have 1600 to get a used engine and get it put in

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
You want to sell any parts off it? I need a few things from it, some interior pieces.I need the passenger side visor and the interior piece that goes right under the glove compartment.I'm in San Tan Valley

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Maybe I can drive out there and meet up with u and take it out?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not to bug you, but that's the same color interior as mine; do you a functioning passenger visor you'd be willing to sell?

·
Registered
228 Posts
That's what I'm hitting him up for that the ac knob and the panel under the compartment

·
Registered
228 Posts
hey bro i know this is an old threat but do you still have the c70? I need a new front bumper. I'm doing some custom stuff but don't wanna drive around with mine off lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts