SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So tonight, I was pulling out of the driveway in reverse and there was a loud "clunk" and the car stopped. I tried to keep reversing but it wouldn't move. It felt like the E-brake was on, but it wasn't. I put the car in Drive and it moved forward, but again felt as though the E-brake was on, or the car was in first. I pulled a quick U-turn and pulled back into the driveway.

Long story short: reverse won't work, the car moves forward, but not like it should, and - most troubling - the car won't roll freely in neutral. I can't even have it towed because I don't want to drag it up onto the rollback.

This doesn't seem like a transmission issue, because the car was behaving normally two hours earlier and there has been no slippage. It was just flushed 500 miles ago.

I'm stumped. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
time to check if your parking brake went kaboom.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds like your parking brake took a dump, like Avboden said. I would check that first.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lift the whole car on stands, put in drive and see if the wheels are spinning. WHY IN THE WORD people flush a transmission that do not have a filter???........... It was just flushed 500 miles ago??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts