SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this car on my local dealer's lot today. It looks very clean. Has some normal scratches and dings on the hood, but the leather (split leather/alcantara suede in grey) is in very good shape. Minimal cracks. I'd never driven a 2000 V70R and wanted to compare it to my '98 V70R. Definitely a better engine. Better pickup and shifting (5 sp. vs. 4 sp.) The owner (2nd) had it since 22K and changed the oil himself every 3K miles (and even wrote down the dates in the service book). It's got 181K miles!!!!
Dealer is asking $10,400. It even has 16" R 5 spoke wheels. They look like the new pegs on the R. I'd like to get them on my R.

So, I'm just posting this to let you know. right now it's not listed on cars.com but should be soon. It was on ebay but the auction ended and the highest bid was only $4,500. They'll probably relist it the salesguy told me today. It has tint which looks good on a silver, dual tailpipes, homelink...etc. as all 2000 V70Rs did. If it was laser blue...I'd think about it, but I'll stick with my saffron wagon.

I'll post a link to the car as soon as it appears. I also told the salesguy to post it here...don't know if he will or not. Just wanted to give everyone here a head's up in case anyone's interested.

If you're intersted, email me and I can send you some pics.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 2000 V70R silver/grey (soledoc)

About that it's worth.
This is not Soledoc's car, just a dealer who is trying to make WAY roo much.
Should be sold at about that, maybe 5500 tops

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2000 V70R silver/grey (JRL)

That's about right Jim....this dealer is known for asking (and a lot of times getting) way too much for their cars. That's why I walked away from them on my new R and saved $10,000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts