SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Hilton stage 1 tune on my manual swapped 2000 V70R, and I'm having some low boost issues. In 1st gear, the turbo starts to spool, then my gauge starts bouncing around. From 2nd gear on, it'll hit 10-11 PSI, then back off to about 6 PSI and stay fairly steady. The car still feels relatively quick, but I never drove the car before the tune and I don't know if this was a previous issue.

I literally just finished installing an iPd HD CBV, hoping the original diaphragm was torn, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll take the car for a drive in the morning to ensure that didn't fix the problem, but I don't think it did.

I checked over all of the intercooler hoses, everything is nice and tight. Don't think there's a problem there.

It's also worth mentioning that I installed a Pierburg 7.22908.03.0 TCV, the Porsche part. I'll try swapping in the original TCV tomorrow, but being a new part I don't think it's the problem.

I already contacted Rob, but I haven't heard back yet. I figured I would post here in case anybody had any ideas.

·
Registered
17,295 Posts
Vacuum lines?

I had issues with hiltons tunes in regards to wastegate setting. Would be worth checking the preload/setting it to 4.5 psi if you can.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vacuum lines?

I had issues with hiltons tunes in regards to wastegate setting. Would be worth checking the preload/setting it to 4.5 psi if you can.
I'll check the wastegate. I haven't actually checked the pressure on it, I just felt the actuator rod for tightness, and it's not loose or sloppy feeling.

All the vacuum lines should be good, I've replaced all of them. I'll go ahead and double check everything just in case, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts