SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious because I am once again toying with selling the 97 if I can find a 2000 V70R in white? Did they come in white?

thanks guys - oh and 83caddy16V I checked out yer pics - loved the one of it at the dealer up on the island looking so pretty and all. So what was the dealer asking and what did you pay?

thanks -

Bill

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Re: 2000 V70R colors and ? for 83caddy (850Rwagon)

Hey Bill. Those are actually the picts the previous owner sent to me. He purchased the car in Arizona, moved to Washington State and then moved to VA last year. The car had been sitting quite a bit since he moved here so he sold it-- a private sale to me. The VIP warranty (previous Certified warranty program Volvo offered) transferred to me. The card just arrived last week and it says Certified warranty on it, good to 75k I actually got an extended warranty from my local dealer to cover it until 100k-- they "said" it was more comprehensive than the VIP...part of me is thinking I might have gotten taken a for a little $$ but at least I have coverage until 100k.

I looked at several 2000 Rs, a black one with 46k, in rougher shape than mine was selling for $29.9 at the local dealer. A silver one was selling for $28.9 at a Ford dealer in MD. Mine had 24.8k miles on it when I got it so I would think a dealer would ask in the low 30s for a 2000 R similar to mine.

I have a 2000 V70 brochure and it lists white but I have not seen an R in white. I have seen: blk, silver, laser blue (r only color), red metallic (kinda dark red)

Interesting the brochure lists Graphite as the only 2000 R interior color. I think George has seen a Blue / Tan 2000 R before....maybe it was a '99. The alcantra they show in the picture is dark grey...mine is a dark sand color with graphite leather.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: 2000 V70R colors and ? for 83caddy (83caddy16v)

Some of the colors are very rare. There's a dark green pic posted in another thread (that car's Canadian) but Kaizai posted a pic from a search of boneyards that found another. I too have seen dark burgundy metallic.

If you don't mind going higher mileage, a '98 can go lower in price. There were two 100,000k plus ones on ebay (saffron of course, hope you like orange) and another black/graphite on ebay that all went low teens.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2000 V70R colors and ? for 83caddy ([email protected])

George~

Thanks for the info... and for getting me into this whole R thing to begin with. IIRC it was you who repied to a post of mine linking to all the 95-97 R wagons online FS back in Feb '01 and thuis setting me off on the long distance quest for our current white R wagon.

I would like to stick with white in a 2000 V70R so let's see if you can work your magic again http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: 2000 V70R colors and ? for 83caddy (850Rwagon)

Went back to my V70 Volvo brochure which my dealer had marked up the colors available for the V70R. My recollection and my notes on the catalog show White was not an option for the R. Only Black, Green Metallic (mine), Silver Metallic, Laser Blue Metallic (R only) and Red Metallic (not a true red) were available. Also, the "supple leather and diamond stitched alcantara suede upholstery" came in graphite only, according to the brochure. Not sure you could but the R in the US with any other upholstery. Maybe special order on European deliver?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: 2000 V70R colors and ? for 83caddy (FrankSamDale)

What year is your brochure? I know there were some cars with a beige interior, and then there's Chris's oddball with the kind of goldish inserts on a graphite interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts