SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, If I repeat a question I am sorry. I spent some time searching first, really.<P>I have a 2000 V70 XC AWD since new. It's got 40k miles on it.<P>I want to update it.<P>Bigger wheels, ECU/Exhaust (if I can afford it), rear wing ect.<P>What I want to know is anyones experience with this model and doing upgrades. It seems like everything I find is for the V70 XC or the V70 AWD but not them combined.<P>I also want to know can I go to 17" rims? If so, what is a good make/model of rims and suggested tires?<P>Has anyone done the IPD ECU upgrade? Did you get the 238 or so HP out of it?<P>Do you need/have to do the exaust upgrade prior? (my car has the cutout in the bumper for the second pipe but not installed.<P>Any other cool or serious upgrades to consider?<P>Last but not least, all the recall issues. I have taken my car in for these buggers about a dozen times. The headlights keep blowing, tail gate will never be the same and a few other lovely issues that are NOT under the warning/recalls. I wouldn't say I have a lemon, more like a nuisance.<P>Much thanks,<P>M Boone

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
All of the XC models are AWD.<P>XC = Cross-Country which is all wheel drive, and is also raised higher than the V70 AWD.<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Your XC has the same motor as the V70 AWD also, but not the V70 R AWD.<P>Volvo makes a rear wing for the 2000 V70 and XC. It should fit your car.<P>I haven't done the upgrade for the low pressure turbo motor (what your car has), but you may want to call IPD about the upgrade. Generally, they recomend the exhaust upgrade for reasons outlined here.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.swedespeed.com/features/project_cars/854/part4.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.swedespeed.com/features/project_cars/854/part4.shtml</A> <P>You can get a cool dual exhaust for your car.<P>As for 17s, that's fine. Just make sure you get all four new tires and you follow the rotation and replacement instructions that came with your car. That's VERY important as you don't want to damage the Viscous Coupling AWD System.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts