SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 V70, and just bought a new amp and 12" sub and enclosure for the back. I was looking at the back of the 813 HU and it has a sub out jack. do you connect the amp to that via the right kind of plug/adapter, or should I connect in to a certain set of speaker wires? I was going to install the amp in the back by the spare tire or where the stock cd changer is. I was planning on running power line in from the battery, so that part isn't tough, it is hooking it up to the hu. If I hook up to the speaker wire, then I need a cross over adapter if I understand it right.<br>I just did this in my 92 GMC Safari van and it was a piece of cake with a Pioneer hu with sub line out RCA plugs, but not so lucky here.<p>Thanks for your help!! I am planning on doing this on thurs if I can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: 2000 V70 sub and amp installation questions (Soling2003)

I'm assuming you have a Gen II (facelift) wagon - HU series vs. SC series radios. As I understand, the existing wiring in the back of the V70 is just a splice in the rear speaker line. Not a preamp out. You can easily install a third party sub (for a fraction of the cost) and tap directly into the speaker line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts