SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm new hear and don't see the search function otherwise I would have used it. Can someone help me find it? I feel silly even asking that.<P>Ok, with that out of the way, can someone help me to understand why there isn't a chip for the 2000 V70R? The car is screaming to be chipped!<P>I've looked at Wett and IPD (and PES I think) and haven't seen or received any information saying that a chip is coming soon. <P>I've had the car for over a year and love it, but would really like to get the 261hp up closer to (or over!) 300hp. I figured a chip and exhaust would do that.<P>Thanks in advance!<P><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
This post might do better in the older V70 forum instead. This is for the new bodystyle.<P>The only people I know doing chips for Volvos right now that might have them are IPD, Eastern Aerospace or Air and Water Enterprises (Garrett). I don't know if they have one for the V70R, but you also want to consider the max power levels for your tranny. I know that the 850 is about 300hp, so realistically and reliably, I'd stay below or at that figure.<p>[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 01-20-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I'll try there. I wasn't really sure what new meant. I guess you mean that new relates to 2001+ then.<P>Thanks for the info anyway. Better than I've received so far.<P>Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Goto <A HREF="http://www.Volvo-Tuning.com" TARGET=_blank>www.Volvo-Tuning.com</A> they should have something for ur car. Very reliable company located in sweeden, they know Volvos really well and they will ship to America.<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts