SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 v70 wagon cut out one or twice while my daughter was driving last week, but after a couple minutes she was able to start up and continue her journey. Yesterday my wife was out shoping. When she started the car it went about 100 yards and stalled. She couldn't get it to start. I drove over to pick her up about 15 minutes later and the car started right up. Unfortunately we only got about a couple hundred yards and it stalled again. We were near an advance auto so I had them check the codes. The ABS light was on and the only code was P0500. We left the car in the parking lott for a couple hours and then when we went back to get it it started right up again. Drove about half a mile and stalled. Waited about 10 minutes and it started up again. Drove about a quarter minl and it stalled again. Finally we just towed it home. Luckily we were only about 3 miles from the house. :(

I need some ideas quickly because we're supposed to take the car on a 350 mile round trip this Sunday. Other than the stalling, the only problem I've been having is a recurring ABS light. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Yep, probably the ETM, but that P0500 is a vehicle speed sensor code. Might be worth getting that checked out, could be contributing to the stalling problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But if it was the ETM wouldn't I get a failure light on the panel? Wouldn't there be a code associated with ETM failure? I'm just trying to narrow this down and start with the easiest and cheapest things first.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Not necessarily, sometimes they don't throw codes until they're horrifically bad. They can fail fast or they can fail slow. Nothing wrong with a used yellow label (means it's been replaced in the past) ETM for diagnosis purposes. Hit up your local junkyard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts