SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just did a turbo on a 2000 Volvo S40 1.9. Quick backstory, a guy brought me the car because it was smoking like crazy and wanted the turbo replaced.

After the install, I experience a very hard start, Pressing the gas and opening up the tb helped to get it started. Once I got it to idle it would start up without much effort. It's currently running extremely rich is is misfiring in all cylinders.

I have spark, and have confirmed the turbo is working properly. All intercooler piping is connected properly and the vacuum lines are in the proper places. I replaced the vacuum switch as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else to check? Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got back from working on the car. The misfire goes away after about 2500 rpm and the engine doesn't misfire from there up. Changed the fuel pressure regulator to a known good one and saw no improvement. I have a spare maf sensor I can try as well. I let the car run at about 3000 rpm for a couple minutes and the turbo downpipe started glowing. Maybe, the car has a clogged cat? I'm gonna get under it tomorrow to see if it can be unbolted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts