SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. I have become a big fan of the Volvo R wagon, but I am clueless about maintenance and repairs and nervous about big bills. <p>Nearly 2 years ago, I bought what was supposed to be a "perfect" 2000 R with only 30,000 miles. Now, two winters and 25,000 miles later, it is getting a bit ratty and needs some work.<p>So at this point, I am agonizing over <p>a) how much $$$ the car might need, just for service and repairs<br>b) how fun and fast I could make this car with a bit more "investment" vs.<br>b) just getting rid of it on a trade<p><br>Re a) Routine Maintenance and Repairs<p>The car now has 55,000 miles and has had no significant maintenance other than fluids and fully synthetic oil changes every 5,000 miles or so. <p>The bad news include: <p>1) some rattles and rough riding which sounds as if it relates to the top of the struts <br>2) some squeaky vibrations coming through the steering wheel <br>3) needs new tires<br>4) Both AC and heating have acted flaky in the last 12 months with intermittent problems and little to no heat through this past Winter<p><br>Re b) Beyond routine repairs (ie Pimp My 2000 R Wagon Ride)<p><br>1) I have an IPD spoiler and aluminum foot pedals which I never installed<br>2) same for leather wrap for steering wheel<br>3) If worth keeping, would love to get stainless exhaust etc<br>4) Interior better than average for age<br>5) relatively low mileage for age?<p><br>Re c) Get rid of it and/or TRADE<p><br>1) My wife loves the new interiors from 2004<br>2) the newer R wagons seem much more substantial (?)<br>3) may be more expensive to service? not worth difference?<p><br>If anyone has any experience with ANY of these points or questions, I would greatly appreciate any advice.<p>Also, if there is anyone who can service these cars in the Northern New Jersey, Rockland County, Orange County NY area that would be great too.<p>Thank you for your ideas.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts