SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all! I wanted to introduce myself and my new (to me) Laser Blue V70 R. I picked this up yesterday in central Maine for the low low price of $3,000. I plan on seeking advice and help for future repairs, modifications, parts, etc. The car is in very good condition, especially under the hood and the rims. The back bumper should be replaced and I would like to add a rear wing. I am also looking at a 5% tint on the rear windows with a 30% on the front. I will post more pictures in this thread. Cheers for now!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Nice find and welcome, how many miles on the beast? As far as you can tell, has any mods been performed prior to you purchase?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice find and welcome, how many miles on the beast? As far as you can tell, has any mods been performed prior to you purchase?
Just over 173k on the clock. It is all stock. It was owned by an older guy in a wealthy part of Southern Maine for most of it's life. The exterior is in very good condition for the age and milage (back bumper is the exception)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Lot's of life left in it, and given the owner it likely wasn't beat to death. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Driveshaft/angle gear still in it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice purchase, and Welcome!! Congrats!

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Nice! Another laser owner. Welcome.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Repaint the bumper, you will NOT find a pre-painted one these days.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Repaint the bumper, you will NOT find a pre-painted one these days.
Definitely planning on it, gotta find someone capable and with good experience. Luckily I now work at a Volvo dealership so I bet there will be some knowledgeable info

PS, does anyone know the actual number of laser blues in the US?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Definitely planning on it, gotta find someone capable and with good experience. Luckily I now work at a Volvo dealership so I bet there will be some knowledgeable info

Seeing as you work at a dealership, contact Volvo directly for an answer.
My Dad always said, "why talk to the feet when you can talk to the head?"

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Nice! Another one for Team Lazer!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a busy day off yesterday:

-leather conditioned the seats
-changed cabin and air filters
-replaced broken license plate lights
-replaced rear license plate bracket (old was one was ALL rust)
-replaced front wipers with OEM
-fixed broken ash tray in the middle
-tailgate door card was falling off, fixed that
-mismatched headlights were fixed with halogens (i like the stock look)
-old ipod 30 pin cord tucked behind dash, left the aux cord out for use

Next plans are the rear wing and tint all around

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Post pictures when you do. Congrats!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had a day off yesterday, took my roof rails off the car and painted them satin black from a rattle can. They look a thousand times better than before. They were faded and marked up. Going to reinstall them later this aftertoon. I also took a sweater shaver to the drivers seat and now the suede inserts look a lot better. All the other seats were in pretty good condition as is. Lastly, one rubber weather strip near the top of the tailgate was popping up and felt quite brittle. Bought a replacement at my work/dealership and will install that tonight too.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts

Dude I just bought a 2000 v70 too! I love Maine man, we oughta meet up and wrench on them v70s lol...

Gotta repaint both of mine too...

Any sauce on well priced code matching volvo paint online?

Also paint booth. Super important. Don't have one.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts