SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi<p>I'm a long-term V70 owner, having had the following ones:<p>2000 V70 classic 2.4 20V (red, the 850-derivative, not the "shoulder model")<br>2007 V70 classic D5 (black)<br>2008 V70 3.2 (ruby)<p>I moved from Finland to the NY metro area last year, and only the 3.2 was available at that time (I think still today, with the T6 coming). It is ok, but the D5 diesel is unbeatable.<p>Now the V70 was only available to the US with 16" Naos wheels (=ugly) and I want to swap them out. On my 2007 black one, I had great 17" Pegasus "R" wheels, and I think they would look great on the 2008 as well.<p>The problem is that nobody, including the dealer that sold me the car, the dealers here in the US, and even the product managers in Sweden can tell me the specs for the wheel hubs. <p>As far as I can tell, the bolt pattern is still 5 x 108 but the offset is unknown, and the only information that I can get is that the 2000-2007 wheels DO NOT FIT on the 2008. Plenty of explanations were given, like this is the Ford based model, the weight requiremens are different, the turning circle is different and who knows what.<p>So I have a hard time believing that no other wheels exist than those that Volvo produces for the 2008 V70 - none of which is particularly attractive and all are particularly expensive. Anyone has any experience fitting wheels on his or her 2008 V70?<p>Thanks!<br>Bert

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Re: 2000-2007 V70 wheels on 2008 V70 (holtappl)

Tire Rack does not show anything so far for it, sorry. You might try some<br>Jaguar wheels as they sometimes are 5 x 108 and are part of the Ford co.<br>I will also see is some of my sneaky friends have any info.<p><A HREF="http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?autoMake=Volvo&autoModel=V70+3.2&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=Standard" TARGET="_blank">http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...ndard</A>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2000-2007 V70 wheels on 2008 V70 (Helmut Ranff)

Thanks for your reply.<p>Strange situation, isn't it? <p>The problem with Jag wheels is that I need to either have 100% confirmation that they will fit so I can order them online (which is not likely to happen) or that I have to be able to drive over somewhere so that I can have it tried out.<p>Stores that I have tried so far say they are not willing to bolt some random wheels on to find out the specs (some safety issue) and there is not a single place where I can find confirmed fitting wheels for the 2008...<p>regards<br>Bert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts