SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a local shop here who will re-leather all of my seats for $200. It may not be exactly the same color but not a noticeable difference. They do a lot for Volvos and our local dealer recommended me to them. Anyone know of a better deal than that??

·
Registered
182 Posts
pleather?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
$200 sounds pretty cheep even for just one seat if they are doing the labor too.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
That would be ATACAMA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do not know if it is pleather but i have never heard of pleather in a car. I guess it possible.
I do not have the name of the shop on me. i will have to get it tomorrow afternoon and re-post.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I do not know if it is pleather but i have never heard of pleather in a car. I guess it possible.
I do not have the name of the shop on me. i will have to get it tomorrow afternoon and re-post.
Pleather is a joke term for fake leather upholstery

I had an audi with a vinyl / leatherette interior that was pretty close to leather, perhaps its similar?
German vinyl is very nice... but it's still vinyl
They call it "tex"
No such a thing as leatherette, that's BS marketing, it's genuine VINYL!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This price is too good to be true as $200 would be a good deal for ONE seat in high quality automotive leather. I would be leery of how well it would hold up.

Now, that said, there are some very nice pleather options out there, but I would never think of it for the R.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I had the drivers seat only redone in top quality leather and it was 400.00. No way a shop can survive charging only 200.00 to redo all your seats in leather, I would believe 2,000.00.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went back to the leather shop today to verify. The guy I talked to today said something different than the guy I talked to the other day. The owner today said he re-finishes/restores the leather for $200 not replaces it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I went back to the leather shop today to verify. The guy I talked to today said something different than the guy I talked to the other day. The owner today said he re-finishes/restores the leather for $200 not replaces it.
That's sounds more like it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts