SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i am going to be getting an unexpected $200 bonus and am gonna put it towards the V50. I just got a typhoon intake and i already have tint, wheels, grill, r shift knob, ipd tcv. so here is what i was thinking,

custom 3" exhaust from dp back $150-200

samco silicone intake hose to go from typhoon to turbo $94

viva performance strut brace $99

isimple hardwired fm transmitter installed $150-200

or?....

let me know what you guys think i should do next!

·
Registered
658 Posts
2005? Get a new FPS before it goes out on you at a VERY unexpected and un-welcomed time. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was kinda thinking about that my v50 has 63k on her and i know it is the original non updated fps so it does probably need to be done but i can use my other money for maitenance stuff but the wife doesn't like me using regular funds for mods hence using the bonus money for that. are there any indicators that a fps is on it's way out or do they just quit suddenly?

·
Registered
658 Posts
One of the indications is you'll get a P0190 code when your Check Engine Light (CEL) turns on. Which is happening to me right now. No problems driving it, but I suspect the issue will get worse which is why I ordered the part and hopefully will be here at the end of the week. A few other codes might follow as well (P0193). Then, from what I've read, problems starting the car, stalling in traffic and/or after starting the car, etc. Not a good scenario. 63K is pretty good mileage for a 2005. Also, check and see if your PEM module is under warranty for replacement. The PEM and FPS are related (in my opinion) and the bigger repair--PEM module--might be covered under Volvo's extended warranty for certain VINs on the S40/V50.

From what I've read, an S40/V50's FPS can crap out anytime between 65K and up. And it seems the S60 and V70 have this same FPS and it's covered under a replacement warranty, but Volvo currently is not allowing a replacement warranty for S40/V50 owners. Not sure why, but I'm going to call Volvo and ask if I can get some kind of reimbursement, or the least, report my issue and have it documented.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Samco hose and strut brace

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What?? I love my V50 best at ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while cruising the V50

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Strut Brace, as I think this will give you the most noticeable difference with driving.

LED conversion.

And then $50ish to spare.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
i do have a set of ebiach lowering springs for the V50, brand new, never installed....
This. Although, if you don't do the installation yourself you can tack on an additional $200 -$400 for installation and alignment.

If that's not the route you'd like to go, I'd get the R-Design sport pedals along with a set of the OEM moulded Volvo rubber floor mats. That should leave you with a bit of coin left over, too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much for the springs? And will they fit an awd? I already have heico aluminum pedals forgot to mention that

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in south Dakota total state population less than 1 million no chase banks here! :)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Elevate engine torque mount. Email Don for a better deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would the torque mount help that much on an auto?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
And people wonder why their credit score tanks... :)
Thank you! There's a terribly off topic argument that would urge a person to save the $200, but then if we all did that, it would be pretty boring around here.

Stepping down off the soapbox...

Lower it!! That's one of the very near future mods for my V50.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
i agree with the folks that mentioned suspension mods. do this first. lower, torque mount and/or rear sway bar. get strut bar after. azz end needs the beefier bar moar.
really the torque mount can be listed as "maintenance" item to wifey as i would bet $$$ your stocker is worn out. the rear sway bar...not so much.
if you can do a CBE @ 3" for that price that would def be worth it too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts