SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
20 vs. 21 inch wheels question

Trying to decide which ones to go with for a family car that my wife mostly drives.

Do 21 inch wheels ride rough with non-air suspension? I really like the look of 21 inch twist wheels.

Or should I just stick to 20s?

I found a set of 20 inch 10 spoke wheels with new tires for $1200. Good deal? Should I just jump on that? (Does anyone have photos of silver 90 with these wheels on?)

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
Smaller wheels always ride better.

If you get the biggest wheels then you SHOULD get air suspension to try to compensate for the rough ride.

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then is $1200 for the 20 inch wheels with new tires a good deal?

Do used 21 twist pop up for sale often?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Then is $1200 for the 20 inch wheels with new tires a good deal?

Do used 21 twist pop up for sale often?

I’d say that is a fantastic deal if the tires are even decent considering I’m about to spend almost the same on just 20” tires.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
***title is wrong. I meant 21***

Trying to decide which ones to go with for a family car that my wife mostly drives.

Do 21 inch wheels ride rough with non-air suspension? I really like the look of 21 inch twist wheels.

Or should I just stick to 20s?

I found a set of 20 inch 10 spoke wheels with new tires for $1200. Good deal? Should I just jump on that? (Does anyone have photos of silver 90 with these wheels on?)

Thanks!!

It's like deciding on a supermodel or ordinary Jane for a partner.

One may look good as a trophy partner but they're skin and bones and do not offer much comfort when hugging them. The other may not necessarily be a looker, but offer much more to life that you could ever imagine.

So, is it gonna be vanity or peace of mind for you? Which is it gonna be

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I found 21 inch inscription wheels that I will buy.

Volvo website mentions fender flares and turning stops. What’s that about? Will they stick out too much and rub?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

Volvo website mentions fender flares and turning stops. What’s that about? Will they stick out too much and rub?

Just expect your turning circle to be that of a truck and expect to make a 3-point turn every time you turn into your garage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 21" they look very nice. The ride is ok from 1-10 is about 7 or 8.
Not sure if you go down to 20" how much of a difference that will do on the ride, it will give you another 1/2 inch on the sidewall of the tire.
Anyone went down from 21" to 20" can give you better input.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I prefer my 20 inch wheels and just paid just under $1K for four new tires (Continental DWS 6's).

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you putting these black hard plastic, looks like some kind of fender flares to help out on splashes on your vehicle. Saw today at dealership they had them on only 21” wheels.
https://youtu.be/qloyb4rxUI8
XC90 has different fender extensions, basically just wider fenders which are by default there on the Inscription XC90's (all that go with 275mm tyres and >19"). White Volvo in the pics above has them already.
Description
Installation instruction

1 - 16 of 16 Posts