SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone add 20" rims to their S/V60's yet? Looking for suggestions. I want to stick with OEM style rims. I think I want either the 5 Spoke Matte Tech Black's, or the 6 Spoke Black's from the XC90. I really like the 5 Spoke rims because they look similar to the new Polestar Engineered Rims, and appear to be much more simple and open to clean the face and inner portions. But then I also think the 6 Spokes look a lot more fitting for a sedan as opposed to the 5 Spokes...

Anyone possibly have these rims installed!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
That last one would be my top choice. Really fits well with the look of the car. Sporty but also keeping it classy / modern. 👍👍👍

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Love choice one.....they’re all beautiful though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up going with the 90 Series R-Design Rim. Though it was not my first or even second choice, the rims were easiest to obtain, and are factory 20's as opposed to replicas of the oem 22's. Putting on a set of 255/35/20 Pirelli Pzero PZ4 Max Performance Summer Tires. They are the original tires from the S90 we have. I will post a picture as soon as they are installed. Hopefully, I can get away with not having the car reprogrammed for the rims....... we will see. Volvo doesn't recommend anything wider than 245 so I don't even know if they could get a software version number to put on the car after looking into the available updates for rim swaps.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
https://www.reifenrechner.at/index.....5&2rb=255&2rh=35&2durchm=20&2fb=8.5&2et=47.5

There I’ll be no software available, because it’s no factory approved size.
Speedometer I’ll show you less speed then you’re going, probably not enough space in the wheelhouses, for all driving conditions.
They actually seem to fit pretty well. There is still a decent amount of space behind the wheels against the suspension pieces, though just to be safe I will most likely put on some spacers soon. I won't have to worry about snow buildup or anything as I will be strictly running these as my summer setup. There may be a little less than a half inch behind the wheel from edge to edge, but it seems to be good in both compression and suspension. Here is a pic of the setup. I think it looks AWESOME

·
Registered
976 Posts
By the OEM rim specs I can find, this would be the appropriate comparison to stock, vs TomOldi posted the comparison to the 20" wheels available on the S60 in other markets. https://www.reifenrechner.at/index.....5&2rb=255&2rh=35&2durchm=20&2fb=8.5&2et=47.5

Usually with swapping rims, the clearance is obviously the first thing to deal with. And then if you do have the clearance to play with, adjusting the offset with a spacer to bring the wheel center in line with the original wheel would be desirable for matching the stock scrub radius so you don't affect torque steer, steering feel and what not. Looks like a modest 5mm spacer would give you that, rim wise at least (not accounting for tire height difference). Right now you have added 11mm of rim on the inside clearance and 1mm outside. However...looking at the specs, it doesn't appear Volvo has offset the wheels in the same way. The 20" available ROW on the S60 is the same width but 45.5mm offset vs 42mm on the 19". That's strange, but double arm suspensions are more tolerant of the offset changes than struts, so perhaps styling reasons take precedence.

Wheels look great BTW that would have been my first choice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts