SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what wikipedia states when comparing to a standard S60. but the standard spoiler is just the little lip and not the spoiler that comes with the body kit correct? this seems like alot for a little lip to accomplish. sorry if this is a repost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_S60R#S60_R

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
it reduces the lift the frontwing creates at 120km/h by 20%, not increase the downforce.
However, it's noticeable if you drive one without it, so it works.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
yes the sport wing is neutral iirc, the tiny lip spoiler provides 20% as Jarmo states

i have a spare ti grey lip spoiler if anyone wants it. I picked up a black sapphire so i no longer need to repaint the ti one. They are (surprisingly) super pricey through the dealer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As a general rule for road cars, the smaller a given aero spoiler is, the more effective it was designed to be. Big wings and spoilers are generally just for aesthetics. Save for some specific instances, like that big honking mess on the back of the Subaru STi. Although I suspect that they could get the same effect out of something more reserved, if they wanted.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Its a combination of a couple of things including the lip spoiler at the rear.
The S60R setup has a more agressive stance due to it's Monroe Ohlins suspension setup.

You will also notice that the front of the R is much lower than the standard S60 providing the added aerodynamics. What this also means is that the rear where the lip R lip spoiler is located is now higher due to the lowered front providing more downforce from the aerodynamics setup.

this is what wikipedia states when comparing to a standard S60. but the standard spoiler is just the little lip and not the spoiler that comes with the body kit correct? this seems like alot for a little lip to accomplish. sorry if this is a repost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_S60R#S60_R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts