SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just turned 20,000 miles after 10 months of ownership (T6 Inscription) & offer the following review.
Overall this vehicle is amazing. Fantastic as a highway cruiser with plenty of power, very comfortable ride, amazingly comfortable seats, terrific brakes, & better than expected gas mileage (22.5-25 mpg with 28 mpg on long highway runs). Engine & transmission are well matched & work seamlessly. I see reviews criticizing the XC60 for lack of sporty handling, but I did not buy an SUV/CUV for that purpose, I bought it for comfort, cruising, & utility & it fulfills these functions extremely well while looking great.

The B&W audio system is stunning. I forget how good it is until I get in someone else's vehicle.

Auto-pilot offers just enough help to ease driving on a long trip while allowing the driver to be in control (wish the autonomous driving initiative would stop here).

I am still regularly stopped by strangers telling me they love the look of the XC60 (mine is Pine Green with dark red/brown interior).

Are there negatives? Yes, but they are clearly outweighed by the above & overall ownership experience.

While gas mileage is good (at least to my way of thinking), it would be nice if I did not need to use premium grade fuel. The price spread between regular & premium seems to be getting larger at the pumps & certainly eliminates any savings related to improved mileage.

The slow boot up speed of the Sensus system is frustrating. Often I am backing out of a parking spot before the camera has activated. Same is true of the GPS & climate settings.

And as cited by many, a few buttons or dials for common functions would be a big improvement (changing radio stations, climate control fan speed & temp, etc).

Yes, dirt, etc accumulates inside the back doors & I am one of those owners frustrated by white spots/residue on the interior door panels. And I have added the head cushions to front seat headrests for that little extra adjustment that puts my head closer to the seat for comfort.

I find it hard to use the Owner's Manual in the car & have created a hard copy in a 3 ring binder.

But in summary, I love this XC60!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't had enough seat time to weigh in fully but I noticed something the other day that I thought odd (but welcome)...when you start the car, there is no legal agreement screen that pops up like it does on most other vehicles. This may add to the perception of the slow boot time of Sensus since you don't have to take a few seconds to acknowledge. I agree it's slow, but many other manufacturers are slow to boot as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I haven't had enough seat time to weigh in fully but I noticed something the other day that I thought odd (but welcome)...when you start the car, there is no legal agreement screen that pops up like it does on most other vehicles. This may add to the perception of the slow boot time of Sensus since you don't have to take a few seconds to acknowledge. I agree it's slow, but many other manufacturers are slow to boot as well.
Great Point indeed! Our Honda Odyssey and and a friends Acura MDX (same software) has this annoying attestation statement that sits there for at least 15-20 seconds....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great to hear. Any particular maintenance/warranty issues so far?
No significant maintenance/warranty issues.
Two routine services & disappointed that I have to wait a month for a loaner vehicle.
Tailgate recall performed & dealer checked the white residue on interior panels. They cleaned it off but can not explain why it occurs. They did confirm that they have seen this issue on some (not a lot) of other XC60's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Like the car but for a couple things-mpg very poor, mostly 18-19mpg around town, 25 hwy. Did that 11 years ago in my rx350. I have the luxury nappa leather seats and think they are way too firm. Contour to my body is good, just too hard. Also the nav system and voice commands are some years behind other cars I've had. Pretty vehicle and not much out there that I think is better.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have just turned 20,000 miles after 10 months of ownership (T6 Inscription) & offer the following review.
Overall this vehicle is amazing. Fantastic as a highway cruiser with plenty of power, very comfortable ride, amazingly comfortable seats, terrific brakes, & better than expected gas mileage (22.5-25 mpg with 28 mpg on long highway runs). Engine & transmission are well matched & work seamlessly. I see reviews criticizing the XC60 for lack of sporty handling, but I did not buy an SUV/CUV for that purpose, I bought it for comfort, cruising, & utility & it fulfills these functions extremely well while looking great.

The B&W audio system is stunning. I forget how good it is until I get in someone else's vehicle.

Auto-pilot offers just enough help to ease driving on a long trip while allowing the driver to be in control (wish the autonomous driving initiative would stop here).

I am still regularly stopped by strangers telling me they love the look of the XC60 (mine is Pine Green with dark red/brown interior).

Are there negatives? Yes, but they are clearly outweighed by the above & overall ownership experience.

While gas mileage is good (at least to my way of thinking), it would be nice if I did not need to use premium grade fuel. The price spread between regular & premium seems to be getting larger at the pumps & certainly eliminates any savings related to improved mileage.

The slow boot up speed of the Sensus system is frustrating. Often I am backing out of a parking spot before the camera has activated. Same is true of the GPS & climate settings.

And as cited by many, a few buttons or dials for common functions would be a big improvement (changing radio stations, climate control fan speed & temp, etc).

Yes, dirt, etc accumulates inside the back doors & I am one of those owners frustrated by white spots/residue on the interior door panels. And I have added the head cushions to front seat headrests for that little extra adjustment that puts my head closer to the seat for comfort.

I find it hard to use the Owner's Manual in the car & have created a hard copy in a 3 ring binder.

But in summary, I love this XC60!!!
Fwiw, I have a 2017 XC90 and a 2019 S60 and have virtually instant backup camera operation. Maybe you need to have your sensus software reinstalled? Just a thought. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fwiw, I have a 2017 XC90 and a 2019 S60 and have virtually instant backup camera operation. Maybe you need to have your sensus software reinstalled? Just a thought. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The processors in the 2019+s were upgraded. My one reason why I needed a '19 vs. an '18 was the processor (and related boot-up) speeds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts