SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Any discount here helps.

I still think this service is ridiculously overpriced, especially since I am paying for data on my own SIM. Remote app controls of the car really ought to be included with the purchase of the car if you use your own data SIM.

I don't really care for the rest of the On Call / Concierge service. That can just go away. There is no need for it. Just give me car app connectivity at a fair price.

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
496 Posts
Any discount here helps.

I still think this service is ridiculously overpriced, especially since I am paying for data on my own SIM. Remote app controls of the car really ought to be included with the purchase of the car if you use your own data SIM.

I don't really care for the rest of the On Call / Concierge service. That can just go away. There is no need for it. Just give me car app connectivity at a fair price.
What's fair?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
What are all of the services that use the VOC modem - complimentary v. paid subscription?

Here is a partial list for US market and maybe others can add or clarify.

COMPLIMENTARY
1. Emergency / 911 / Tow / Assistance
2. Via Sensus
A. Real Time Traffic Information
B. Spotify via Sensus
C. Local (Google) Search
D. Glympse
E. Park and Pay
F. Weather
G. WikiLocation

ADDITIONAL SERVICES WITH PAID SUBSCRIPTION
1. Remote Start & Parking Climate (T8 Unplugged)
2. Remote Preconditioning Heat/AC (T8 Plugged in)
3. Send Destination to Car (Sensus Nav)
4. Remote Lock/Unlock
5. Car Location / Flash / Honk
6. Trip Log

The new car Multi-year promotion of $120 Per year for 5 years has been fair and worth it for me. YMMV

I would want a multi-year renewal rather than one year at a time.

·
Registered
828 Posts
What's fair?
I would make all of the app based features free. Maybe charge a nominal fee for the data connectivity for people who don't use their own SIM. Even that would be a stretch though. For a company buying SIM cards and data in bulk, the costs for the data that the remote app features the car uses is minimal. Lock/Unlock requests, setting vehicle temperature, etc, these things use an absolutely TINY amount of data. We are probably talking less than 10 cents a month worth at bulk pricing. Charging for this is just an overt milking of the customer.

The current pricing is fine for people who want the On Call Concierge service and anything else that requires talking to a person. People are expensive and a luxury.

All that said, if they charged something like $10 a year I'd bite. I'd still gripe about the value of what is being provided for the price though. Even at $10 a year that equation does not work out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts