SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

After bought 2019 T5 Momentum, 2 weeks later amber engine light turn on while driving.

Drop the car at the dealer and get loaner today, Sunday.

I will check tomorrow but since tomorrow is Monday they will start to check the car so might be the issue turns out later.

I was so upset about this situation and get angry......

I never experienced this kind of issue with a brand new or used car, BMW, VW, and Mini.

What is the action item for me, just wait to see how it goes?

2019 XC90 Momentum, San Jose, CA. 6/10/2019, 669 miles.
Engine amber light turns on 6/23/2019

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi.

After bought 2019 T5 Momentum, 2 weeks later amber engine light turn on while driving.

I will check tomorrow but since tomorrow is Monday they will start to check the car so might be the issue turns out later.

I never experienced this kind of issue with a brand new or used car, BMW, VW, and Mini.

2019 XC90 Momentum
San Jose, CA.
I would say just a matter of bad luck.. Just wait and see what they will diagnose, could be a very small thing..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Hi.

2019 XC90 Momentum, San Jose, CA. 6/10/2019
Wait and see approach. No point in jumping the gun until you get a diagnosis. Could be something very simple or could be something not. So it does no good to second guess.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi.

2019 XC90 Momentum, San Jose, CA. 6/10/2019
5800 miles on my 2019 XC90 T6 and the Check Engine light came on Friday. I too was concerned. Turned out to be a minor issue already addressed by a TSB. Darcars Volvo of Rockville repaired it quickly and had me back on the road within 2 hours. Turned out to be a gas evaporated sensor tripped.

I read that if you have a solid amber light, its minor. If flashing its a major issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi.

You've owned both a Mini and a BMW and never experienced this?? My 335xi and my Mini Cooper S me more problems than all my other cars combined!! I don't buy new cars so have no experience with the first 2 weeks of ownership, but my BMW and my Mini's have needed so much visits to the dealers, both in and out of warranty . . not only have my Volvo's needed less visits, but when they do the repairs cost far far less than anything from BMW Group. Wait and see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi.

Could be the leaking fuel filler pipe, an issue many of us had. It's a quick diagnosis and fix. Indeed an unwanted headache on a new vehicle though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
My amber check engine light came on yesterday. I expected it to show up in Sensus but it didn’t until it was restarted. Mine was just a reminder to schedule the 10k service. The amber light stays on.

Have you checked notifications in Sensus?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
My amber check engine light came on yesterday. I expected it to show up in Sensus but it didn’t until it was restarted. Mine was just a reminder to schedule the 10k service. The amber light stays on.

Have you checked notifications in Sensus?

Service reminder doesn't light up CEL.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Could be the leaking fuel filler pipe, an issue many of us had. It's a quick diagnosis and fix. Indeed an unwanted headache on a new vehicle though.
This happened to me as well on my V90 Cross Country. Somewhat alarming to see on such a new car, agreed, but it's a really minor fault that is easily addressed. Would be surprised if this isn't the issue.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Service reminder doesn't light up CEL.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
Yeah, you are right. It’s the emission control system indicator that illuminated. Thx. I got the service scheduling message within a half hour of the other.

Anyway, I posted this forgetting that I was in the XC90 forum. It was my XC60 I was referring to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The diagnosis turns out Fuel O2 sensor has an issue. Volvo USA asked the dealer to drive more miles, 75 miles to see more diagnosis. I don't get why they ask to drive more miles, 75 miles. Why they just change O2 sensor? Is this O2 sensor issue critical issue?

·
Registered
298 Posts
The diagnosis turns out Fuel O2 sensor has an issue. Volvo USA asked the dealer to drive more miles, 75 miles to see more diagnosis. I don't get why they ask to drive more miles, 75 miles. Why they just change O2 sensor? Is this O2 sensor issue critical issue?
My16 had the same issue couple years ago when it had less than 10k miles. It has more 30k miles now and I haven't seen any problems since replacing the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't understand why they need to drive 75mils more for diagnosis before change parts? Mine has 600 miles.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't understand why they need to drive 75mils more for diagnosis before change parts? Mine has 600 miles.
Did you ask the dealer for an explanation??

·
Registered
162 Posts
its either two things, the sensor is bad (most likely), or the engine is not burning correctly as this is part of the Emissions Control System. I had an O2 sensor changed out, its a very common part to go bad among all cars. They want to make sure they know what is going on

I had a Ford that kept giving me a CEL and they would just reset it and a week later it would come on again. On the forth visit, I found out all they did was reset the computer the last three times. After they finally changed the sensor I found out it came from the factory with a bad sensor and they changed it out with the wrong part so they could get it on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Based on Volvo On Call, I believe Mechanic drove my car to his home yesterday and came back to the dealer today morning. Total he drove 104 miles which exceeds 75 miles. That is okay. But advisor never mentioned about driving back home and coming back.

I need conversation today.

Volvo On Call is very useful for tracking the car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Based on Volvo On Call, I believe Mechanic drove my car to his home yesterday and came back to the dealer today morning. Total he drove 104 miles which exceeds 75 miles. That is okay. But advisor never mentioned about driving back home and coming back.

I need conversation today.

Volvo On Call is very useful for tracking the car.
I would be pissed, your car is not their transportation vehicle, and as far a the dealership is concerned I would be surprised they would accept that level of liability

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. I filed a case number with Volvo USA to show Volvo USA request drive 75 miles before change parts. Also, using XC90 as personal transportation case. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts